Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

About a year ago, after some negotiations, I had the timing belt, water pump and tensioner replaced by Lexus at around that price (700 UK pounds) so it may be worth asking your local Lexus.

Lexus dealerships are quoting better prices than in the past as timing belt work is becoming rarer as most of the newer Lexus models are fitted with timing chains which are warranted lifetime.

I had mine done on my ls400 for £350 at lexus Glasgow and you know if they do it it will have to be done properly with genuine Lexus parts.

The Mechanic i use is Toyota , he is yhe top mec a my local dealership, he does it as s private job but will ring lexus again as the last quots i got were 1000.euros and i have two to do ?

The Mechanic i use is Toyota , he is yhe top mec a my local dealership, he does it as s private job but will ring lexus again as the last quots i got were 1000.euros and i have two to do ?

Hi

I would be careful in comparing UK prices with RoI as the cost for anything in Ireland is more expensive than here I know this wrankles with you but thats the price of being in the Euro.

I totally agree , but when i looked ip the same kit in uk BluePrint it was 30 euros more than i am getting it here then add p&p.

Sorry I did'nt make myself clear ,the work in RoI is more expensive, parts that are sourced and bought in Europe using the Euro will be cheaper as the buying power is greater than the pound and that will show a benefit on parts.

The actual cost of living in the RoI is higher than the UK the competition between Lexus dealerships might be greater but that will be negated by the higher running costs of dealerships and less volume because of the depressed economy.

Fot me to use a Lexus dealer i would have to stay overnight maybe two .

Fot me to use a Lexus dealer i would have to stay overnight maybe two .

Will the dealership not pick the car up,I think you could negotiate something as you have two cars to fettle.

Blueprint are perfectly fine in the Jap market. They do the WP and TB kit.

I'm just gonna do the job myself, cba with taking my car places.

I just had mine done (1998 LS400) at Lexus Bristol for £365. They collected and returned the car as well.

That seems like a fair bargain, I'll put them on my list of choices, as mine needs doingin next couple of months.

Did they replace the pump as well

I just had mine done (1998 LS400) at Lexus Bristol for £365. They collected and returned the car as well.

That seems like a fair bargain, I'll put them on my list of choices, as mine needs doingin next couple of months.

Did they replace the pump as well

No, that was just for the timing belt. I asked about the water pump and was quoted another £100 or so on top, but their advice was not to bother if there are no signs of problems (car has done 107K).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links