Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Found Out That I Can.....

Yep, My littleun and I tried her new DVDs in my ISF on saturday, while the wife carried on shopping. The surround sound is so good, even on the Barbie movie we were watching. :lookaround:

................. play DVDs in my Isf :shifty:

I asked the salesman when I bought the car and he said no, so tonight I thought i'd give it a try anyway and bingo!!! :winky:

Not very good salesman! I'm sure you can play a DVD on any Lexus with a screen.

I asked the salesman when I bought the car and he said no, so tonight I thought i'd give it a try anyway and bingo!!! :winky:

Blimey, some urgent sales force training required!

You can play DVD audio (DVDA) discs too and enjoy surround sound from those too.

Think you will have a USB port and a jack phono socket as well as a power point in your armrest.

If you have you can connect an iPod direct to the USB port and access all on the screen. You can also load up a USB stick with mp3's, plug it in and play those through the stereo. Then, also, if you have the HDD on board you can record any disc you play onto the hard drive. Check your settings if you do this, I find best quality setting gives best results on playback.

I know I have seen a write up with pics on how to do it...can't remember exactly where. Try googling it. Also have a gander on the American sister site for Lexus owners...might have been there I saw it? From memory I think you had to get the unit out and snip and splice certain wires.

You have to fool into thinking the handbrake is on, in effect. Saw a UK converstion on youtube I think it was where they had carried out that mod and hooked up two rear monitors too.

I think you need a bypass unit that to fool the car to think is on park mode, i would say ask professional audio installation shop, they may give you some more information on it. But bay in mind that's this could void your warranty!

Have look at the pinned link at the top of this forum page

Please post the link in this thread??

TY

Sorry, just realised the link is for the touch screen problem not bypass.

< I'm sure you can play a DVD on any Lexus with a screen.>

Does this include a MY11 IS F-Sport with full map sat nav?

I thought I could only play audio CDs on that?

Argento

< I'm sure you can play a DVD on any Lexus with a screen.

>

Does this include a MY11 IS F-Sport with full map sat nav?

I thought I could only play audio CDs on that?

Argento

I'm sure it will play DVD's no problem. Just try one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links