Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Too Good To Be True?

Just had a good look at the pictures and that's one nice looking ISF!

At 21k miles I'd have a good look at the tyres and brakes both may need changing, and the brakes are expensive.

stevet, I meant to ask earlier.

Did you see the ad on PistonHeads by any chance?

It seems they advertise there sometimes.

Argento

It's on Auto Trader and eBay.

stevet, they are pushing hard to sell it then.

I went to see it this pm

They said it had only been in a couple of weeks.

I had a great time checking it over.

Very impressive car.

But too clean to be true?

The black calipers were like well, glass - perfect. No marks or blemishes.

The engine bay was immaculate.

The car is four year old. Two owners from new.

It has been pootling around Edinburgh and Aberdeen!

I can't figure out why it is in such pristine condition having gone through their Winters :-)

I'm still thinking about it though ... ................

Argento

Just had a look at the pics and it does look a nice car!

It doesn't have the latest stereo. You would have a DAB button at the bottom of the dash if it did, so iPod may not be integrated with the screen, just AUX. but you can get an aftermarket kit from the states that fixes that.

I would just try and chip a chunk off the price

I waited and kept going back every few weeks and managed to get a deal £5000 better than the deal originally offered.

Keep an eye on the Lexus Dealer network also and speak to your local dealer to see what they have available in their network.

Lexus Derby are pretty good and normally have one on site, speak to Stewart, I bought mine from him and he had 2x 2010 ones at the time. Lexus Reading always have a used one and Guildford normally too

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn, <so iPod may not be integrated with the screen, just AUX.>

Really.

I would miss not having the iPod (in my case iPhone) integrated.

Brilliant in the F-Sport

BTW when I went to see the car this pm, I was surprised that a) it was a DVD based sat nav and b) no postcode search function?

Small things I know.

But presumably my HDD sat nav on the F-Sport is much faster?

I do not recall seeing the DAB button.

<I waited and kept going back every few weeks and managed to get a deal £5000 better than the deal originally offered.>

I'll definitely bear that in mind. £5k, wow!

That would help convince my wife :shifty:

<Keep an eye on the Lexus Dealer network also and speak to your local dealer to see what they have available in their network.

Lexus Derby are pretty good and normally have one on site, speak to Stewart, I bought mine from him and he had 2x 2010 ones at the time.>

I think that's my best bet.

A two year old one would really fit the bill I think.

I get on well with Lexus Nottingham.

I think Lexus Derby are part of the same group.

I lived in Leeds for 4 years.

Great city.

Only just over an hour from where I live now.

My youngest son lives at Camberley.

Guildford's not far, as you know.

I don't mind travelling to get good service.

I had my IS F-Sport serviced by Lexus Poole last month - 760 mile round trip!

Argento

Surely it will have a USB port in the armrest?

If there is....it's a doddle, I plug my iPod in here and everything is displayed on the screen. Artist, albums, playlists etc.

normski2, yes it did.

The armrest storage was like new -immaculate.

Not a mark.

I don't think anything had ever been plugged in there!

Argento

Surely it will have a USB port in the armrest?

If there is....it's a doddle, I plug my iPod in here and everything is displayed on the screen. Artist, albums, playlists etc.

The pre 10 cars didn't come with it as standard, it was a dealer option I believe and an expensive one.

All the pre 10's I viewed didn't have it, one of the big reasons I went for a post 10 car

<The pre 10 cars didn't come with it as standard, it was a dealer option I believe ...>

Oh. Maybe I was mistaken then?

I'm sure I saw an Aux and USB socket.

Maybe not.

The car was first registered in March 2009

Argento

You sure you saw a USB port?

Defo a power source and a phono input. But if Glen is right, and I suspect he is, the USB port did not come in until 2010MY.

I'll have to go into a dark room again to absorb this.

Brilliant stuff normsk2!

Thanks for letting us know.

I'll keep my MY11 IS250 F-Sport I think.

My Iphone 4 works great in that car!

Argento

You sure you saw a USB port?

Defo a power source and a phono input. But if Glen is right, and I suspect he is, the USB port did not come in until 2010MY.

<Defo a power source and a phono input.>

Yes, I must have been mistaken I think.

I'm not going back just now to have another look though! :phone:

Argento

I'll have to go into a dark room again to absorb this.

Brilliant stuff normsk2!

Thanks for letting us know.

I'll keep my MY11 IS250 F-Sport I think.

My Iphone 4 works great in that car!

Argento

Don't let that stop you getting the ISF!

At 21k miles I'd have a good look at the tyres and brakes both may need changing, and the brakes are expensive.

Argento

I went to see it this pm

Very impressive car.

I can't figure out why it is in such pristine condition having gone through their Winters :-)

Argento

All what your describing is consistent with a pampered car with low miles, oh and my callipers were unblemished at 53K and four years and look the same now when clean at 71.5K and almost 5 years. also my under bonnet is very clean still the engine cover is like new. Don't let this put you off. Its all correct as far as I can see. Sounds like a cracking car. Get your bargaining pants on and go give the dealer a hard time. You know you want it. :winky:

Argento

I went to see it this pm

Very impressive car.

Argento

All what your describing is consistent with a pampered car with low miles, oh and my callipers were unblemished at 53K and four years and look the same now when clean at 71.5K and almost 5 years. also my under bonnet is very clean still the engine cover is like new. Don't let this put you off. Its all correct as far as I can see. Sounds like a cracking car. Get your bargaining pants on and go give the dealer a hard time. You know you want it. :winky:

Argento

I went to see it this pm

Very impressive car.

Argento

<All what your describing is consistent with a pampered car with low miles, oh and my callipers were unblemished at 53K and four years and ... >

Yes, that's the word I was looking for, "pampered".

It could have been garaged and, not been taken out in bad weather much.

BTW, the Potenzas on the front looked recent.

The rears were also Potenzas.

I'd say 50% worn.

Probably the originals then?

Again, another indication maybe of a pampered car?

<Get your bargaining pants on and go give the dealer a hard time. You know you want.>

Yes, you're right.

I'm half expecting the salesman to follow up my interest and give me a call.

But you know what car dealers are like.

Anyway, the experience has whetted my appetite for a car like that.

I'd like to think I'll get a good one soon.

Argento

I personally wont let things like usb ports, aux ports and dvd stop me from getting an ISF those toys can be integrated into the car using aftermarket kits. the V8 sound and driving experience will make up for it lol.. if I had the money sitting in my bank I would grab it.. if even I end up owning it for 12 months...

I personally wont let things like usb ports, aux ports and dvd stop me from getting an ISF those toys can be integrated into the car using aftermarket kits. the V8 sound and driving experience will make up for it lol.. if I had the money sitting in my bank I would grab it.. if even I end up owning it for 12 months...

You should be a salesman! :flowers:

<the V8 sound and driving experience will make up for it lol>

Yes, to both. Totally agree.

They let me start it up in their massive showroom.

What a sound!

Everyone turned round.

But I did get it to rev to 6k from cold!

I made a written note of the wheels.

The fronts had 225 40 R19 Potenzas

The rears had 255 35 R19 Potenzas

You're going to tell me that the different aspect ratio 40/35 is normal for this car aren't you? :msn-oh:

Argento

haha used to sell PC's years ago lol..

Yes I believe the 255/35/19's at the rear is to make the car sit well when cornering and more stable if travelling at 170mph round the ring :) as 255 is more wider width against the front which needs slightly smaller width 225 for sharper steering.

This car may have the USBthen, but it was an option.

I guess anyone spending this sort of money new could afford the option!!

It sounds a good clean car to me, just get a chunk off the price as they don't sell fast!

Shame you won't have lexus warranty, maybe use that as a bargaining chip!!

You should be a salesman! :flowers:

<the V8 sound and driving experience will make up for it lol>

Yes, to both. Totally agree.

They let me start it up in their massive showroom.

What a sound!

Everyone turned round.

But I did get it to rev to 6k from cold!

I made a written note of the wheels.

The fronts had 225 40 R19 Potenzas

The rears had 255 35 R19 Potenzas

You're going to tell me that the different aspect ratio 40/35 is normal for this car aren't you? :msn-oh:

Argento

Those tyres are correct yes. The rear wheels are wider thats all. So the tyres are too. the 225 and 255 bit. So the lower 35 refers to the percentage of the larger width thus actual height is broadly the same front to back.

This car may have the USBthen, but it was an option.

I guess anyone spending this sort of money new could afford the option!!

It sounds a good clean car to me, just get a chunk off the price as they don't sell fast!

Shame you won't have lexus warranty, maybe use that as a bargaining chip!!

<Shame you won't have lexus warranty, maybe use that as a bargaining chip!!>

Yes, the lack of a Lexus warranty deters me from going ahead with this.

Argento

Get it.... Your only in Durham which ain't far from me :p I can come round for a spin ;) hahaha seriously tho it looks and sounds sorted to me mate! As said tho double check the brake pads and discs as these are expensive items and I'm sure you have found a "minter"

[quote name="MrW" post="821735"

Those tyres are correct yes. The rear wheels are wider thats all. So the tyres are too. the 225 and 255 bit. So the lower 35 refers to the percentage of the larger width thus actual height is broadly the same front to back.

Hmm ... thanks.

Just trying to get my head around this aspect ratio thing again.

I thought I understood what aspect ratio meant. :-(

Namely, the aspect ratio of a tyre is the height of the tyre sidewall expressed as a percentage of the tyres width.

Off topic here I'm afraid. Sorry.

The aspect ratios front and back on my IS250 F-Sport are both 40

That is:

225/40/18 88Y and 255/40/18 95Y

I'm trying to figure out why the aspect ratio is the same on my car and different on the IS-F?

Is it something to do with when you said "... is _broadly_ the same front to back."

My underscoring.

Argento

Get it.... Your only in Durham which ain't far from me :p I can come round for a spin ;) hahaha seriously tho it looks and sounds sorted to me mate! As said tho double check the brake pads and discs as these are expensive items and I'm sure you have found a "minter"

<Your only in Durham which ain't far from me :p I can come round for a spin>

Better still. Go and see it and test drive it this weekend yourself at Alexanders, Boroughbridge!

<As said tho double check the brake pads and discs as these are expensive items .. >

Yes. To be fair they said that they would service it before anyone took delivery. As they deal mainly with high-end cars like Porsche, Ferrari, Audi and Beemers, I hope that they would spot potential trouble in that area.

Argento

• Like 1

I don't have an IS250 but i'd suggest those tyres are a little strange, but may well be correct. That will mean the rear tyres on yours have larger height and therefore rolling radius than the fronts. 40% of 255 is more that 40% of 225.

The ISFs are broadly the same front to back. 40% 225 and 35%255.

Mine doesn't have a Lexus warranty but a third party warranty even though it came form a Lexus dealer. I wouldn't get to upset about that, from all I've heard they are pretty bullet proof, the main oily bits anyway.

"Mine doesn't have a Lexus warranty but a third party warranty even though it came form a Lexus dealer. I wouldn't get to upset about that, from all I've heard they are pretty bullet proof, the main oily bits anyway."

Your right about being bullet proof. There are many in the USA with over 100k miles. There has been one case of a gearbox failure on a car used on the track and multimedia screens can freeze, which can be repaired and fitted to the other IS models as well.

Did you get the third party warranty because it was cheaper than the Lexus one? Who is it with?

^ no because the car had no current Lexus warranty on it when the Lexus dealer bought it in, and had done over 50K the used Lexus Approved warranty couldn't be supplied. So they provided an alternative.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links