Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf Brakes

I'm getting very close to needing discs and pads for the front of the F, Found some pads and disks made by Pagid at a fraction of the Lexus parts prices £170 ish with a 25% discount against well over £460 at Lexus. Anyone used them. The pads I have on at the moment actually work really well when up to temp, never had any fade or anything like that. I presume they are the Lexus ones so a bit worried about moving away from what I know is good.

Do I go for the Pagid discs with Lexus pads perhaps?

The pagid ones are £88 each but you can get 25% discount at the moment at Europarts I think it was.

Since its a full brembo braking system those you've linked may well be the oem ones anyway.

Its the pads I'm more wary of TBH.

I am running Pagid discs and Pads all round in my 300 and they are doing a good job to stop the car effectively. but everyone knows brembo is king when it comes to brakes that's why high performance cars and even F1 cars run them as OE equipment. Pagid's are a German brand and their site confirms BM's , Audi's, Merc's and Porches have their braking system as OE equipment from factory.

check one of your pads to confirm if the US guys are right..if they are, you don't have to worry about fitting Pagids. as confirmed they stop mine good. :)

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/453781-our-brembo-brakes-come-with-pagid-pads.html

have you considered yellow stuff pads from EBC?? I am looking to try the red stuff pads as both Red/Yellow stuffs ones are said to have ceramic blends in the pads. its more curiosity as I want to see what the fuss is about..

http://ebcbrakes.com/product/yellowstuff-street-and-track-pads/

http://ebcbrakes.com/product/redstuff-brake-pads/

I had the yellow stuff on an Alfa Brera. Stopped really well from cold with about the same dust as oem. Someone said the red stuff take a bit heating up but far less dust (as all ISF owners know the oem pads create loads of dust).

I might give brembo disks with red stuff pads a try.

I think Yellows are what you need Stevet if you gona get EBC's below is a quote from the link I posted on the yellow stuff.

"EBC yellows are ECE Brake safety tested which means they must work perfectly from cold at least as good or better than stock pads"

the reds are for cars 200bhp and above so but not sure about 420bhp cars tho.. I think difference between the two is the Yellows are good for streets,track days and drifting were as the reds are good for streets. apparently they need a minimum of 1000miles to brake in. and both are hard wearing pads so should last but red ones cant be used for track racing tho only for streets.

I'd never use EBC stuff again, had some greenstuff pads and their grooved/dimpled discs on a hot hatch and they were awful, not as as good as the oem stuff. Nothing from cold and the discs warped after only modest use.

Never Again.

Think i'm going with the pagid set up. They are OEM equivalent, and although the brembo discs are simillar RRP, they are also oem equivalent so should be no different.

Euro spares have a discount weekend deal on at the moment so pads and discs come in at a bargain £171

Not really fussed about the dust. its just one of those things, it stops well that's what I want. If it had white wheels perhaps I'd think about it.

• 2 weeks later...

That's great value, I've priced pads inIreland and there an eye watering 540 euro just for the front!! That's pads only.

I think I'll have to invest in these, lets know when they arrive if they look anything like Lexus discs.

I fitted yellow stuff pads last year, 2track days and a trip to the ring with 12 laps thrown in plus 17k miles and they seem fine, about 30% left, but at the price you say, you'd have to take a chance! Cheers for the heads up.

That's great value, I've priced pads inIreland and there an eye watering 540 euro just for the front!! That's pads only.

I think I'll have to invest in these, lets know when they arrive if they look anything like Lexus discs.

I fitted yellow stuff pads last year, 2track days and a trip to the ring with 12 laps thrown in plus 17k miles and they seem fine, about 30% left, but at the price you say, you'd have to take a chance! Cheers for the heads up.

Hope you didn't pay that for the yellowstuff pads! They are around £100 on eBay

They are here and identical to the Lexus ones visually. Euro parts website. Discount code midmonth25 or parts25 gets you 25% off.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been quoted around £800 to replace the front discs and pads on my 2008 ISF (inc.labour and VAT) from my local Lexus dealership.

I just sourced the parts fro CarPartsForLess at £273 for the lot less, 7.5% discount.

Needless to say the dealers will not be doing them.

I was concerned about the quality of the parts but they are Pagid and they say they are used by a number of manufacturers of quality sports cars.

Has anyone else used these parts?

Those are what I've got although I paid just over £200. Haven't yet had them fitted, getting the last mm of use out of the old ones.

I'm sure the disks will be brembo (£180) but I've not seen any brembo pads anywhere. I'll be changing mine soon for brembo ones so I can compare the old with new. The ones on now have a grey coating on the centre hub which has no signs of rust.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the best place to get the Brembo Discs? And cheapest obviously!

Seen them on eBay, but always unsure about them being genuine parts on there.

Ta!

I've bought from these loads of times without problems. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-Brembo-Brake-Discs-Lexus-IS-IS-F-Saloon-2001-2011-/330698791783?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus%7CCars+Type%3AIS+F&hash=item4cff2f1b67 With nearly half a million eBay sales I'm sure they are genuine.

Does anyone know the best place to get the Brembo Discs? And cheapest obviously!

Seen them on eBay, but always unsure about them being genuine parts on there.

Ta!

I've bought from these loads of times without problems. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-Brembo-Brake-Discs-Lexus-IS-IS-F-Saloon-2001-2011-/330698791783?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus%7CCars+Type%3AIS+F&hash=item4cff2f1b67 With nearly half a million eBay sales I'm sure they are genuine.

I notice that those disks are for 2001-2011, whats the difference for a 2012 car?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links