Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Layer Of Dust

Next time I would use a sealant ;) ....holds less dust, I use Zaino Z2 at the moment works brilliant on darker colours and makes them look glossy.

If you feel like you want more shine ... you can then put wax on top of the sealant after the sealant has cured ofcourse depends on what products you use.

You can get a 3.78Lt Meguiars Last Touch Detailer ... and dillute it almost 50/50 with water in a spray bottle.

Mine lasts over a year and ... works brilliant.

More expensive ... ie almost £30 .... but it works cheaper than 1lt bottles.

http://www.smartexpress.co.uk/products/Meguiars-Last-Touch-Spray-Detailer-%283.78-ltr%29.html

A quick comparison of the two quick detailer vs last touch

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?2203-Last-Touch-vs-Quik-Detailer

I personally re-use my old quick detailer bottle and top it up when needed.

Oh amazing!! I didn't know something like this exists! I shall be popping into halfords tomorrow to get this, bird poo wipes and might treat myself to some new wipers.

Thanks Colin! :D

Noreen you have to be careful with wipes etc ... as they might be too agressive and remove any wax or selant you put on. Same is for the shampoos you might be using.

Some of them i.e triplewax etc ... are quite agressive ... therefore you might notice that the wax is not performing well after a few washes.

Cheers

Vasilis.

So I used the meguires quick detailer on today and so far so good....just need to wait until tomorrow morning to see if there's a layer of dust.

I may have to put off buying a sealant because I've spent far too much much on cleaning products for now lol!

I've just bought the wipes for the windscreen really because of too much bug splatters.

But thank you vasilis for the advice!

I use Maguires 3 stage polish kit once per month on all my cars.

I believe it is the best!

it stays on the paintwork for a very long time.

neither of the cars have ever seen dust but then again they mostly garaged :glare:

I get the same problem. spent 3hours doing mine yesterday, went out and bought some meguires quick detailer too. my lexus has been sat on the drive since then and when i went out to it this morning i had a fine layerof dust still :(

owell maybe thats just one of the downfalls of owning a black car lol

I never have see dust settled on mine after the polish. if I don't polish then I see a fair amount of dust settling on paintwork.

don't know why because my brothers black IS200 always has a lot of dust on it & he uses the same polish as me from the same bottle!

black cars look slick but keeping them clean is a nightmare -

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links