Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Stereo Help

Hi all

have just picked up a 1999 is200 sport, the car is great and i love it but i have a problem with the stereo,

The stereo in the car id not currently working so I have brought a replacement lexus stereo/cd changer to go in, should have been a straight forward switch over but when going to do this I noticed that someone has at sompoint cut the plugs off that connect into back of stereo and have then tried to reconnect them but obviously haven't done so properly as I havr no power coming through the stereo, I am desperate to get this sorted out and all I need to know is whitch wires connect to whitch,

if anyone would be kind enough to upload a detailed photo or similar so that I can see what I need to do it would be massively appreciated!!!

Any help would be great as im sure someone on here has had a similar problem . Thanks ;)

To fit an aftermarket stereo to your car you need an amp bypass lead, The original plug which went into back of stereo is not used.

The conversion lead plugs into amp wiring behind left side of glovebox and has iso plugs on other end for new radio.

one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-is200-se-sport-amplifier-by-pass-amp-lead-adaptor-/171050294857?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d3645e49

just seen the eBay item. What does it mean when its says amp by pass? Does that mean with a new head unit we wont be able to hear the full sound of the 8 speakers. I am in the same situation with my (1999) IS200. I want an up to date system that can bluy MP3`s and Bluetooth etc but i dont want to loose the quality of the sound.

Any advice please?

Yeah the stock amp is left dormant and wont be used. Ive been told that by passing it doesnt change the quality but would want to hear it to believe it personally.

Im leaving mine stock. you should check out GROM

You can always do what i did, put a pair of rca plugs on original amp speaker inputs, and you can use aftermarket stereo with original amp. Providing new stereo has pre-outs.

Yeah you can skip tracks, answer phone calls and control you Iphone or android device via the buttons on you headunit. all info is on the eBay page with videos a the bottom. the best thing about it is its still CD quality via the CD changer port and you get to keep factory stereo. very cool

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181154459848&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links