Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just called the guy, he says it is auto, he is away from home so cant tell advise if there were any issues from last mot. Says 51000 showing on the dash. Happy to email whatever paperwork requested and to take more images. Needs van for work hence the sale, only owned it since feb this year and doesnt want to sell. Sounded genuine.

On a serious note be careful when rushing out to buy a car with a big bunch of notes. I went to buy a Corolla for my Mum off gumtree that was advertised, a really good buy. I turned up at the address down a quiet dead end, not known at the address. when I called the vendor he said he would meet me with the car. I told him where to go. Coincidently there was a group of 4 or 5 blokes not far away. when I called one of their phones went off & when I ended the call their call ended. I am on the large stocky type & had a mohawk at the time I also had a large stocky mate with me. ( if not I think I might have been relieved of the cash).

• Like 1

Good advice. Apart from when I bought my ls400 from my uncle, I don't think I have bought a car privately. I am not saying it is a bad idea or anything like that, for me personally there is some comfort from buying from a "garage" however small...thats just me. I am sure there are horror stories for both.

Or you can go to a very expensive house with four car garage in outer London and have cup of coffee, after looking at the car collection.....as I did when I bought my Ser 4.

As Hill House Blues said 'Be careful out there'.....though.

When I bought my lex I took 2 mates along... I'm not small and my mates are even bigger.

On the estate where I grew up this was very common. Turn up with a few grand in your pocket to buy a car and there's 4 or 5 meatheads waiting to relieve you of your cash, a few teeth and a couple of pints of blood....

• Like 1

OMG I've never encountered such niceties when buying a car, even privately ............. but as I won't ever be changing my Lexie I doubt I'll ever need to carry any large wads of cash with me for car buying .......... they are all so inexpensive to buy these days anyway our dear LS400s ........... aren't they ???

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links