Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How Fast?

Loz

hey Loz.. you would need to de-restrict the car to go above 155

plus get a new speedo

Are you sure Steve? Do all Lexus GS300 have a 155mph limiter. I know the speedo is not accurate but when I hit the nos after putting the camera down at 155 there was quite a pull. and It didn't seem to hit a limter but maybe I backed off pretty soon as those "track works" were looming up flippin fast!

As for the super fast stuff. thats for the birds. I am happy with what I got. I did enquire about the diff though in a moment of madness. no word back yet..

Why would I need a new speedo though Steve. I have a GPS Speedo that doesn't stop at 160mpg. it talk on 3 channels to 4 satalights and is pretty good I think. of course, I could be wrong...

:crybaby:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would'nt wanna try it as even though my windom is restricted to 112 which is 180 KM's as soon as i hit those 180 the car restricter kicked in

now if i was to convert it to mph then i drove 180 mph it would sill do the same and the limiter would kick in.

As far as I am aware you would need to remove the restricter... remember all top end lexus do 155... look in the specs manual... becauase they are more than likely limited to it.

If the sc430 was derestrcited it would prolly do 170 or more!

to be honest I think you would be nuts to attempt the 200 mph mark... your car is certainly not built to do that... and if a squirrel was to run out in the TRACK :winky: then not only would he be a mascot on your grill but more than likely you would be toast too laughing so hard!

very expensive bill to match :winky:

my suggestion would be to plough 10K into the car and really do her up nicely!

Steve,

I am Sooooo not likely to do any more mods to the car except suspenssion. I will go for some springs and then thats it really. I may jet up the noz but only for "occasions" I will run the current jets as they are plenty enough ooomph!

Remember, I am not a modder. just a steath freak.

I am very happy with my Lex and would not want it to become something that its not. but I migh be tempted to buy a turbo soarer at some pont down the road... what is the newest year I could buy?

can you pm me what you know about prices as well?

Cheers,

(is loz about to embark on another madcap project? bank manager hopes not!)

ehhhhhhhmmmmmm..........nope will have my hands firmly on the steering wheel, and my eyes looking about 2 miles ahead :huh:

and my ***** firmly in quiver mode :crybaby:

:blink: Dude, you need one hand free to take a picture of your speedo!

Robghost, myself have started something here. I reckon we should all contribute!

Mat, can you disclose (in PM if need be) how much a one off Diff has set you back. I am "kinda" considering it for mine.

Ps. did you have to remove any limiter or is it not on the car but the engine?

:duh: :blink: :duh: :blink: :duh: :blink: :duh:

loz wont.. he will be looking in the mirror with his 'fro comb and bottle of Loreal spray on frizz energiser! while in full Nozz mode! :P :P

er, that would be Jojoba oil, mate!

you blackness is NOT confrmed....You are still, "the man"

loz wont.. he will be looking in the mirror with his 'fro comb and bottle of Loreal spray on frizz energiser! while in full Nozz mode!  :P  :P

er, that would be Jojoba oil, mate!

you blackness is NOT confrmed....You are still, "the man"

Sell mi a bokkle of isle... Dat is fe mi bredda!! :P

it cost me nothing.......... :whistling:

not what but who you know.......

i will have a camera mounted for the high speed run...not taking me hands of the steering wheel

im traveling at nearly 100 meters a second...109.36 yards a second :o

+ reaction time........(150 yards) + braking distance :winky:

not only will i have ploughed throught the 3 BMW's,4 porsche's and a mercedes in front but ive skattered my remains over a larger footprint than the shuttle did when it broke up....

ill keep me eyes on the road :D

How about a german club meet so we can all have a go on the autobahn?

a weekender with just the nearest decent stretch of autobahn that we could blast on through the night and get some serious speeds recorded on real roads in real conditions. then we would know for sure whats hot and whats not. mght be fun. I am sure we could fit in a couple of cheeky Worsteiners afterwards....

Any takers?

well jump on the Harwich-Cuxhaven ferry..get ******, i will meet you in Cuxhaven......have a nice drive down to here...1 and half hours, fill up with shell V-Power..and we can gom play

anyone is welcome to stay here....and theres the cheap tax free goodies :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links