Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Year, Another Mot

Just got back from the testing station. Car past MOT for the second year running since I've owned it. I've never had a car go through MOT's as well as this one.

1 advisory, little play in the rear suspension bushes. I'll sort that over the next couple of months.

All in all, very very happy :)

• Like 2

Mine wasn't up until 17th of July but I thought I'd put it in early in case anything needed doing. I had the lower front ball joints replaced on Friday as there was quite a bit of play in both. Car handles and feels so much better now too :)

Congratulations Chris. I'm hoping there are no issues when mine goes in, in September.

Mine's going in early to reclaim the anniversary of the cars registration. 07/09/2013. Otherwise I could wait until Jan next year. . . . .

Yes and no. The MOT certificate, or sheet as it is now known, states that 'to preserve the anniversary of the expiry date, the earliest you can present your vehicle for test is (30 days before it expires)

But you can actually take your car to be tested whenever you want. Secondhand car dealers sell their cars with new MOT's regardless of when they are due to expire.

My car was registered on 7th September 2004 and in theory, this should be the date at it goes to be MOT'd each year, but as the car has been sold on 6 times, the date of the MOT has moved as a result of dealerships carrying out an MOT before sale when it wasn't due. My MOT now expires on 19th January. So, Lexus Cardiff asked if I wanted to bring the SportCross in early to have the MOT done early and to reclaim the anniversary of the registration . . . . .

. . and like the fool that I am, I may very well book the car in early. .

How are you Chris?

Oh right I didn't know that... When I bought mine it only had 3 months test on it but the seller told me he'd put a fresh MOT on it. But he called to say what I just told you and I believed him lol. Oh well it still past the test :)

To be honest if I were you I'd MOT in in January. I'm sure Lexus Cardiff did ask you to have the MOT early, more money for them isn't it lol

I'm good thanks mate, only working 3-4 days a week at the mo which is nice :)

Have you finished the nursery yet? Lol..

• Like 1

The nursery is coming on nicely. I'll get the other two plug points in by Saturday, then I've got to get the floor boards up and cut some gulleys into the joists to allow the wires to travel through and chase the wire from the floor to the plug points. On Sunday, Michelle's Dad is coming to connect the wires to give us electric in the room.

We've got the paper ready, but I've got to get the dining room ready for electrics first. Once the dining room is done, then we can decorate. Gotta be done by September 27th. As this is the day Michelle starts her maternity leave.

Yeah, I'm sure Lexus suggested it to earn themselves more money. I'll probably get the MOT done by the guys who usually do it. It'll be cheaper!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links