Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Door Seal Repair Advice Required

I have to replace the rear offside door rubber seal on my series IV and have obtained a replacement from the universal auction site.

Before I remove the old seal and attempt to install the replacement, I wonder if anyone has done a similar task and has any tips to pass on.

Looking at the seal it appears that some form of non-setting adhesive/sealant is used at the bottom of the door along with a set of push in clips.

Do I need to get hold of some new sealant or will the old stuff be good enough?

Thanks in advance

Having looked at the factory manual there is no mention of replacing the actual rubber seal around the door, you may break some clips removing the old one but they should be obtainable from the dealer or if not let me know as I have some seals on one I am breaking and you can have some clips.

If the mastic stuff stays on the door and doesn't get pulled off with the seal it should be ok to reuse, it may be an idea to warm the area with a hair dryer to make removal easier.

Hopefully below is a PDF showing the door weatherstrip components and the clip locations.

2000 Lexus LS400 Rear Door.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I guess the weatherstrip you get is a self adhesive rubber seal with a non-setting adhesive backing.They often instruct users to peel-push-press it tightly then all ok.but we think you may clean up the old one(no sundries,water on car door),peel it firstly then use some additional sealant/glue,then push it on tightly until it dry fixed in place(no bubble).

Sometimes the automotive rubber seals manufacturer often NOT USE GOOD quality non-setting adhesive,they claimed 3M sealant but afraid not.so it probably not strongly attached.Use the push in clips as possible.

TB2AYwqbVXXXXXYXXXXXXXXXXXX_1730485387.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links