Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Gs-F Spyshot (Auto Express)

my guess... it will be 3.5litre V6 engine from the IS350 but with twin turbos strapped to it.. power figures 420- 450bhp.. similar concept to what Nissan did with GTR but in their case was a 3.8litre V6

my guess... it will be 3.5litre V6 engine from the IS350 but with twin turbos strapped to it.. power figures 420- 450bhp.. similar concept to what Nissan did with GTR but in their case was a 3.8litre V6

Given the engine configurations offered by AMG / BMW M3 I'd be surprised. There's definitely the skill in Japan to tune turbocharged engines, but most of the market at the moment is a large engine with turbos offering improved fuel efficiency. The latest M5 M5 claims 31% improved efficiency despite weighing as much as a small continent. Having a big engine is also a selling point - 6.3 litre twin turbo v8 sounds much more exotic than turbocharge 3.5 V6, regardless of actual performance and feel.

the market is now moving to smaller displacement turbo engines. new BMW's are all small 4 cylinder turbo charged engines. the latest M5 is a v8 turbo compared to the older V10 monsters same as the RS6 Audi's they have ditched the 5.0 V10 for a 4 litre V8 twin turbo so as you can see the market is now downsizing due to emission regulations and the need for more fuel efficient performance cars. . if Nissan can squeeze around 550bhp from a 3.8 V6 turbo why try to do it using a 6.3 litre NA or twin turbo? which comes with added engine weight? I know 'there is no replacement for displacement' but modern technology like variable valve timing, direct injection, efficient gearboxes and suspension tuning is allowing smaller displacement engines to replace bigger displacement ones. even the new F1 engines will be using 1.6 litre engines which can still make 750bhp it wont sound like the V8's or V10's but it will race like one for sure.

Iam not 100% convinced that they are going to produce a GSf,
the photos don’t show anything different from a regular GS except the stacked
exhausts, which to me don’t look very well put together.

The GS is not a lot bigger than the IS, so I don’t see the
point of a GSf, and for the amount they will sell I cant see them developing a
new engine so it will probably be the same engine as the ISf

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links