Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlamp Auto Height Adjuster Link

Hi folks,

Had a look round the underneath of my car this afternoon, and found that the plastic link for the auto headlamp height was broken.

Any idea where the best place would be to get hold of one of these. i suspect that even though its just a black plastic link, it will be mega expensive, and after spending £2.7k plus on my car this year already i don't want to continue the trend, as enough is enough!

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks folks,

Keith

Can't help you with your query I'm afraid BUT

Oh my ! what have you had done to spend so much on this car ? I've only ever known my LS400s to be relatively low cost maintenance wise.

Malc

Oh my ! what have you had done to spend so much on this car ? I've only ever known my LS400s to be relatively low cost maintenance wise.

Malc

Malc

Oh... cambelt and water pump etc.

Rear wishbones. and associated bushes

rear handbrake units, cables etc.

Rear brake discs and pads

Front brake discs and pads.

full service

All genuine parts, as i intend to keep the car, so wanted it as good as possible.

Soon builds up mate, mind you she is running and driving superbly now. good thing too as i am skint now!! lol

Ok, wow, seems a lot of money !!! I would be skint too, that's why I bought a Lexus for ( my ) the low maintenance costs ....... and I hope to keep mine forever too .......... my third in 10 years of daily LS400 pleasure.

Well done, keep at it, these cars will last us for so long as we want them too methinks.

Malc

I remember when you had just bought your LS. Then you found you had a few problems with yours.Sounds like most of it was just ware and tare. You just got landed with the whole lot in one go. not the cars fault. My old one had up coming faults. I learnt later after I had sold the car, it was not as bad as I thought. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I should never have sold it. I came to really regret selling it.. I bought a Mondeo, nice car. Just not a Lexus.. After a few months I have just sold it, and bought another LS, (as you may have seen in other threads). I got rid of the Mondeo.There was nothing wrong with it, just bore the pants off me. Yours should repay 10 fold. I know its the best move I have made. Sorry to sound soppy. Tom.

Hi Tom,

Dont get me wrong mate.. I am quite happy with the car, in fact the car is superb. Its just that it seems like the smallest thing on them just costs a fortune to fix. However now most of it is done, the car is performing like a dream.

I still have some bushes on the front suspension to take care of in the next few months or so, but there is no hurry for those at all. It passed the last mot with no advisories, but I wasn't happy with it and so I decided to spend whatever was required to sort out the problems with it I thought needed doing.

I don't want to spend any more on it at the moment, and to be honest the front suspension is ok. Just not perfect and has the odd knock when I drive over a large pothole etc. so I know there are some things that need sorting out, and me being me, will not be happy until its as perfect as a 13 year old car can be.

I think that most of us that own older cars live with their odd frailties and see them for what they are, i.e. part of their charm and character. I understand Tom's story entirely. Once you have owned one of these cars it is hard to go back to other cars without making unfavourable comparisons.

We took a little run out today and popped oevr to Steve's place down in derbyshire to pick up the headlamp link. Nice chap who showed me the cars he has there...and his own Japanese import which is excellent.

The link by the way is superb. very well made and this one will last... if you need one give him a shout.

Thanks a lot Steve, was good to meet you.

Keith

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links