Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a sound problem with my tv screens in the headrests, I cannot seem to get the sound to work and have tried everything this morning but still no joy, they always worked fine but haven't been used for a while until we went down to airport last week and kids complained they didn't have any sound. Batteries in headphones are good and remote works, you can faintly here the sound from a DVD but that's it, with volume up on headphones and max on TV screens, any ideas please ?

Have a look at the attached Toyota/Lexus troubleshooting guide may point you in the right direction, depending on what year the RX is of course attachicon.gifICE trouble shootguide ATM 000 004-0-eng.pdf

Excellent guide many thanks for posting, will have a look and see if I can fix it using info sent.

Thanks again

Phil

I can't seem to see the red LEDs are lit, just wondered if there was a fuse for the I.R transmitter? Everything else works ok including the remote control but just sound very faint.

I had the same problem when I purchased my RX400. I thought it was the headphones itself but Lexus Bolton sent me a new set, these did not work either.

I visited Lexus MK and they basically taped over one of the leds and this worked, it doesn't look great but it works. You may need try this on your door pillars and see if this works. Good luck :geek:

Thanks have just tried that and still same problem, have replaced the Battery in the remote , also both headsets and still sound very faint, have also put a disc cleaner through the player but still same, all LED's are lit and by covering one side up it just reduces sound even more. Have looked through hand book asociated with I.C.E but can't find all the set up pages they list in there on the screens. Don't know what else to try now, they always worked well and when my son connects his play station to the yellow, white, red connectors it always worked.

Thanks have just tried that and still same problem, have replaced the battery in the remote , also both headsets and still sound very faint, have also put a disc cleaner through the player but still same, all LED's are lit and by covering one side up it just reduces sound even more. Have looked through hand book asociated with I.C.E but can't find all the set up pages they list in there on the screens. Don't know what else to try now, they always worked well and when my son connects his play station to the yellow, white, red connectors it always worked.

What about the dealer?

I suppose I could give them a call and hopefully they may be able to point me in the right direction. I will not book it in there however as would probably cost a fortune going on what I have been quoted in the past for services etc.

Cheers.

I suppose I could give them a call and hopefully they may be able to point me in the right direction. I will not book it in there however as would probably cost a fortune going on what I have been quoted in the past for services etc.

Cheers.

You may well end up with a choice of putting up with it or having it repaired. There are some things which can be captive to a dealer, this is, for some, the downside of owning a complex and highly specified car with high original value in their later years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links