Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Ignition Coil / Spark Plug Destroyed

Giggitty

Think I am facing a total disaster here with my 2003 IS 200 SE.

Had a misfire yesterday so went through the process of checking spark plugs. All were OK until I came to the 5th and when I pulled out the ignition coil, only half of it was left and it was quite clear that there had been some sort of 'short'. As a result, the top of the spark plug is all but gone and I cannot get a socket to the bottom of it to get it out.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Have tried using a bolt extractor but there is nothing for it to grip onto. Will drilling into it with a screw extractor work?

Only other option as I see it is to remove the head but would like to explore all other options before going down this route. I can also imagine that putting into a garage would probably end up costing more than the value of the car.

Any guidance or tips would be greatly appreciated.

N

Hi mate, I dont know if that will work, but what I would do is drill into that spark plug, tap it anticlockwise, put screw in it and try to take it out... I havent done it myself but hope that might give You an idea.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links