Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential New Owner: Things To Look For

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm about to join your exclusive club having agreed a deal for the one i saw last weekend. Dealer called back and accepted my last offer and a weeks insurance too which is handy. pick it up next week if i can find the time. (!!)

or isf-lotus-Dave as I'm keeping the elise for moments when i fancy the raw speed and tactile steering. Be interesting to see how much i use it but with 40k miles in 5 and a bit years, including three alps trips it needs a rest. Now need to buy a bigger house to keep them all under cover! isf is going to be intriguing. Hope its what I'm after, i guess ill find out soon!

objective was fun, low profile car that entertains me but can also waft along the motorway and sit in traffic jams without making my leg ache.

the v8 and all the torque should make roundabouts fun.

Not so sure about the low profile bit. In all the cars I've had I've never been stopped/talked/stared to so many times as in the ISF. It's all good feedback though, mostly that nobody has seen one before and want to know more about it.

Just last night a builder doing some work on the house next door said that my IS250 sounds really good and have I done anything to the engine! When I said it had a 5Ltr V8 the conversation went on for another half an hour.

smile at builder thinking it was a 250. I guess I'm comparing to a small plastic soft top with a loud exhaust so the ifs should be subtle in comparison.

its the one from targa florio cars, small high end 2nd hand niche dealer. picking it up Monday morning.

Yes, perfect colour. I remember when I first collected mine. Dual carriage way, sport button pressed (hidden behind the steering wheel), throttle mashed (straight to the bottom to depress the micro switch), wwwoooooooo! Never forget that moment.

Enjoy :)

Yes, perfect colour. I remember when I first collected mine. Dual carriage way, sport button pressed (hidden behind the steering wheel), throttle mashed (straight to the bottom to depress the micro switch), wwwoooooooo! Never forget that moment.

Enjoy :)

What Micro switch?

They are not an IS-F only product. Most cars with electronic auto gearboxes have them. As the IS250 does. It just tells the electronics to put the car at max power and the right gear for maximum acceleration. It's just with 417hp you really feel it!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, doesnt time fly?!

I've been the proud owner of a 58 plate silver ISF with the stereo and sunroof upgrades. 43,000 miles and still has a few months extended warranty left too.

I've done 400 or so miles now and it's brilliant. The noise, the speed, the dual climate a/c and self dipping nearside mirror when reversing are all great.

26mpg - these remain austere times so we have to nod to them - and no major dramas.

The cruise is odd in that it only goes up and down in 5mph chunks. Steve, did you check yours? I can set it at, say 73, to start with but any movement on the control -> 70 or 75, then +- 5 from there. As expected the radar cruise is useless on a busy road but I can see if being good on quieter early morning or late night trips.

I need to get a speed checker such as roadangle I think as it's very easy to be doign 85 not 75 and I havent found any way of setting a 'ding' on the car itself to warn me. The lotus doesnt do that so easily as you really notice the noise between those speeds. And perhaps even more so in towns where I dont like to speed (think of the children) but it's very easy to do. The lotus has my tom tom in which warns me. I could move the tom tom, depends what I make of the sat nav in due course.

Can i upload pictures into this site? I looked under the gallery but didnt see an upload option as such.

Speed? yeah, i've given it a blast and it's one fast car. The elise wins hands down on chuckability not least of which because I know it very well, but the lexus is clearly much more of a GT long distance cruiser. If I go to the alps again, which I will, which one do I take? Can I tow the elise?

I'm chuffed to bits. I hope the DVLA paperwork turns up soon as it's on a private plate V8 xxx, which I dont really like as it's not my style. I just want it to blend in when parked!

If you are considering one, do it. Life's way too short not to.

Dave

Yes my cruise is 5 mph too. Never noticed before as I always use it at 80. You set the speed alarm with the toggle switch at bottom RH side of the dash.

Glad your loving it. After I got mine the MX5 got used less and less and sold it soon after.

The ISF is a real performance daily driver car.

I've done a similar amount of mileage in mine now Dave and I agree with you - it's a really great car that ticks so many boxes. Not only does it have all the toys and refinement, it is genuinely quick (although the acceleration sometimes doesn't feel that brutal until you look down at the speedo!). On top of that I have had 32 mpg on a run and 28 combined on two trips away; a little less during 'other' conditions.

The way it makes me grin every time I start it (especially if it's quiet outside) is just priceless!

oh so true, the speed is deceptive until you look at th speedo! Hence roadangel or similar.

haven't spotted a toggle to play with, so ill have a look. Out in it on Thursday and Friday. as a general rule does anyone fill up with premium? I don't bother on Elise apart from track days.

oh so true, the speed is deceptive until you look at th speedo! Hence roadangel or similar.

haven't spotted a toggle to play with, so ill have a look. Out in it on Thursday and Friday. as a general rule does anyone fill up with premium? I don't bother on Elise apart from track days.

I use super unleaded but I am reliably informed that the engine is tuned to run on 95. I suppose I just prefer to put higher octane fuel in a tuned engine.

Dave its sounds, like all new owners you are enjoying the experience. The more I read about the new owners experience the more I think about having another, once my wife gains employment again.

Having said that the cheap 03 Mini Cooper S I've bought as a temporary run around is keeping me moderately entertained for now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links