Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Me and my friends are having this debate about the difference in normal GS and GS Sports.

He has got a normal 2004 GS 300.

I bought mine in May.

It has front lip spoiler under the front bumper.

18 inch sports wheel with sports suspension.

Rear boot lip.

The Sports insignia on rear quarter windows.

And special sticker on the driver side pillar when you open the door to check for air pressure. Some one has put on 430 Sports on the normal Lexus GS300 sticker. My log book says its a Lexus GS300 SE. But the trim is sports.

Now you chaps has more experience than I have because its my first ever Lexus and to be honest fellas I love it.

How would you differ in a normal GS and GS Sports?

I can upload pictures of my car. I am new to this page so I have to figure my way around that.

Cheers. Azz

Welcome to LOC.

The sport also has a different grill, HID headlamps as standard (option on other models). It isn't a lip boot spoiler on the sport though, it is a proper spoiler.

I'll check my log book later to see if mine mentions "Sport" on it. As far as I know, it was a genuine model for the mk2, rather than a dealer retrofit which is what the mk1 Sport models effectively were.

Just checked the log book for the '99 GS300 Sport and the 2001 GS430 Sport, both say it is the "GS300 Sport" and "GS430 Sport" model respectively. If yours says "GS300 SE", then maybe it is an SE with some of the sport bits added :unsure:

Welcome to LOC.

The sport also has a different grill, HID headlamps as standard (option on other models). It isn't a lip boot spoiler on the sport though, it is a proper spoiler.

I'll check my log book later to see if mine mentions "Sport" on it. As far as I know, it was a genuine model for the mk2, rather than a dealer retrofit which is what the mk1 Sport models effectively were.

Didn't Lexus when they brought out the official GS430 sport in July 2003 change the 300 sport to have a lip spoiler? I have the 430 sport with the full spoiler but I have seen official 300 sports for sale at Lexus dealers in the past (03/04 reg) with the lip spoiler on the 300. I was curious about this and picked up the official brochure from the time and that confirms the 300 did have a lip boot spoiler and the 430 had the full size one from July 2003. Not sure why they did that.

• 2 weeks later...

Lexus produced some GS SEs with sports trim but without the sport suspension but I believe this was before the sport officially came back in 2003.

Hope this is ok to post a link but this is the official press release if I remember copied here from July 2003:

http://www.carpages.co.uk/lexus/lexus_the_new_gs300_sport_and_gs430_sport_part_1_04_07_03.asp

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links