Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300H Warranty Period. Are The Brits Being Conned?

The general warranty period for the IS300h in the UK is 3 years or 30000miles whichever comes first. In North America however the equivalent vehicle; the ES300h, has a 5 year 50000mile warranty.

Are we Brits being conned?

I believe Kia give a 7 year warranty and Vauxhall do a

warranty for life, so is it just us brits being short changed or just us Lexus

owners?

i am sure my car has a 3 yerar 60,0000 miles warranty

If I'm not mistaken, BMW also offer a 5 year warranty on new cars in NA.

To answer your question - yes we are ripped off in the UK, especially when Toyota offer 5 years for a Prius (plus 8 for the Hybrid bits), and the CT200 is 3 years (5 for the Hybrid bits) - and it's the same bits!!

And why does Toyotas get 5 years and Lexus only give 3?, meaning to ask my dealer but always forget.

D

I think the main reason for Toyota moving from 3 to 5 years was to provide confidence to the public after their spate of recalls and they are competing with other manufacturers who offer more than 3 year warranties.

I guess Toyota GB feel they don't need to provide the same for their Lexus brand - even though, in the case of the CT200, the customer pays a lot more for what essentially is an Auris.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links