Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another New Owner

Hi guys, just wanted to say hello as another IS-F owner. I collect it from Lexus tomorrow and cannot wait.

I only had my 450h for 6 months and actually really like it; however, as a petrol head I could not pass up the opportunity of owning the car I managed to find given it was from a main dealer who had not even advertised it on Auto-trader. It was at a very competitive price for a real minter with just 14k miles on it (a 58 plate!).

I'll doubtless repost when I get it home but thought I'd drop in on the forum.

Cheers

You lucky bugger! If I had the dosh to float I'd be right there too!

Enjoy....bit pointless saying that....as its a "given". Just try and stop grinning all the time will ya!

Excellent find. 14k! Good as new. Mines done that in the last 8 months.

Yeah, thanks Steve. I happened to be looking on the Lexus Uk website and spotted this car on there without pictures having just arrived. I called straight away and did the deal there and then - lucky I guess.

way to make me feel like i failed only finding a private one... Good stuff though. What colour? Whats your plan with it, daily driver?

From the research I have done on these cars, I don't think it's a big deal buying private as long as its straight so I wouldn't worry.

I'm lucky in that I don't need to use it for work, I just intend to enjoy it when I can. Re colour etc, the car in my profile pic is the one I have bought.

Cheers and good luck with yours mate.

Well, got it home today and I have to say I'm very impressed. The ride is nowhere near as bad as I expected and the fuel economy when cruising isn't a million miles away from the 450h I traded in. I feel quite lucky in that the car looks, feels and even smells new. Thumbs up to Lexus Bristol who were fantastic.

Well, got it home today and I have to say I'm very impressed. The ride is nowhere near as bad as I expected and the fuel economy when cruising isn't a million miles away from the 450h I traded in. I feel quite lucky in that the car looks, feels and even smells new. Thumbs up to Lexus Bristol who were fantastic.

I remember the first time I got mine and tried WOT. That's one unforgettable experience!

Did u loose much on the 450?

I remember the first time I got mine and tried WOT. That's one unforgettable experience!

Did u loose much on the 450?

Yeah, it's a very special motor. I didn't do bad with the GS mainly because it was p/x'd into a main dealer. The IS-F was also very good value so all-in-all very happy.

Saw that car advertised, and was tempted given its low miles, since mine has been written off....wasn't surprised it was snapped up. Enjoy you lucky bugger.

Saw that car advertised, and was tempted given its low miles, since mine has been written off....wasn't surprised it was snapped up. Enjoy you lucky bugger.

Yes I was on the phone the next working day after it was put on the website. Right place right time I guess. They left it on their website for a couple of days and had a lot of disappointed enquirers!

Mine was like that when I purchased it. As it was the cheapest available at the time not only from a Lexus dealer but in the whole country. The Phone rang off the hook they said. I just happened to be the first person to get down there and show real interest.

I sold my ISF in July, very reluctantly and now have a GS450h F Sport which I love.

I miss the raw power of the ISF and the rarity value, but having said that the 0-60 of F Sport is only just over a second slower than the ISF, not bad for a very heavy car.

When it is in Sport + mode, the rear wheels turn slightly to aid cornering and the handling is good.

The technology of the GS is amazing with its 12.3 inch screen and many other extras.

Don't get me wrong, I do miss my ISF but in all honesty, I wouldn't change back.

Just had a black carbon fibre roof added together with with mirrors, looks the business.

I shall upload a recent photo with the roof done, I am not sure what you mean by a CF roof?

It was done by an independent company in Birkenhead, much cheaper than the Lexus quote.

Love the new GS in F trim. How do you find the MPG, is it as good as they say?? I can see myself in one in a couple of years and I'd have no problem changing the ISF for one either, best of luck with it.

Hi Damien, I have not been on a long run yet, but it easily does 35 around town and that's with booting it now and then.

The interior is superb, it's in red leather ( not the reddish brown they use on the RX ) there are some really great touches in the design, love it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links