Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nearly A Lexus Owner

Hi, 4 weeks ago I went to the local lexus dealer (Teesside),drove a 07 400h, liked it and bought it. They said they'd deliver the car in a few days. When delivery day came I got a phone call saying there was a problem with the log book which was at Swansea having the last owners private plate taken off. Seeing as the dvla are in complete disarray this would delay me taking delivery. Yesterday the log book came but I was told I still couldn't have the car for at least another 3 weeks as it is subject to the recall and dealers have been told not to let any affected cars go until the work has been done. Reading thru here it would seem that they don't even know exactly what work is to be done. I'm so fed up :( if I hadn't already paid for the car I think I would of bought something else.

Nick

Sorr to hear of your woes, I'm afarid everything has conspired to make it a pain but when you really want something even a small delay seems like ages, it will be worth the wait and it's definitely worth getting the recall done before you take the vehicle, I'm about to sort mine out now. Hope all goes well

I'm reading now that the recall letters aren't even going out for another 3 weeks! I don't see why I can't have the car I've paid for and they just book it in for the work when they eventually get themselves organised :(

They are doing the responsible thing and covering their bums too!

They let you take it, something happens regarding what the recall is all about and that leaves them in the poo. Sorry but I agree with their plan and so accept this plan of action.

Hi, 4 weeks ago I went to the local lexus dealer (Teesside),drove a 07 400h, liked it and bought it. They said they'd deliver the car in a few days. When delivery day came I got a phone call saying there was a problem with the log book which was at Swansea having the last owners private plate taken off. Seeing as the dvla are in complete disarray this would delay me taking delivery. Yesterday the log book came but I was told I still couldn't have the car for at least another 3 weeks as it is subject to the recall and dealers have been told not to let any affected cars go until the work has been done. Reading thru here it would seem that they don't even know exactly what work is to be done. I'm so fed up :( if I hadn't already paid for the car I think I would of bought something else.

Nick

If you have paid in full, it is not their car to keep....

That's what i was thinking . It's not as if the things gonna explode or anything Otherwise they'd pull every rx off the road . Seriously contemplating getting my cash back and buying something else. It almost feels like I'm not supposed to have this car.....

I know what you mean, I've just had mine for a couple of weeks, i have decided to keep it as it is a fantastic car, but the recall issue just puts a spanner in the works regards our working/ family life.

The thing is they are fixing it so you should be at the top of the list.

Also have you possibly thought about a further reduction in price or maybe accessories thrown in.

they are putting right what went wrong but for you and i its at the exact point when you just outlay-ed many thousands to have a fault. which is not good.

the sales guys are saying how reliable etc... and then you give em your money and bammm there is a global fault.

I know what you mean, I've just had mine for a couple of weeks, i have decided to keep it as it is a fantastic car, but the recall issue just puts a spanner in the works regards our working/ family life.

But surely no greater spanner than a service, MOT tests and the like...

I understand your frustration, but on the other hand you should be grateful that Lexus are being so scrupulous. I think their approach is, in the long run, in your and their best interest. You would be far more disgruntled if they were to let you take the car away knowing it is subject to a recall, and then you end up stranded in the middle of nowhere.

They have offered you a courtesy car for the duration, which is far more than other manufacturer would offer in similar circumstances. My advice is take it, enjoy putting the mileage on their car rather than yours for the next few weeks, and rest assured that you will take a delivery of a car that is in tip top condition when the time comes.

Once thing I would do is to take a good look at the car and identify through this forum anything that could potentially be sorted out while the car remains with Lexus. In particular check the alloys, auxilliary power outlets... If your dealership is as good as mine, they will bend over backwards to keep you happy.

Lexus are good that's a fact.

For me it all happened at an inconvenient time, 2 weeks after purchase. you spend any free time you have going to look at cars from all brands etc, you buy it and its being recalled. its sods law! :)

I'm just trying to get a slot sorted to get car in. waiting on Lexy to get back to me.

Lexus are good that's a fact.

For me it all happened at an inconvenient time, 2 weeks after purchase. you spend any free time you have going to look at cars from all brands etc, you buy it and its being recalled. its sods law! :)

I'm just trying to get a slot sorted to get car in. waiting on Lexy to get back to me.

Yknow you have cheered me up a bit ! I was starting to think it was just me that had all the bad luck lol ;)

you see i went from 2 cars to one as my trade in as we don't really need 2.

get a new car all is good. then this.... arghhhh.. you see about sods law. that's the frustrating thing for me.

If i still had two i could easily get all the kids car seats sorted etc..

Also with my wife and I both having a car each we both had individual insurance policies and being a named driver on each others car. moved to the lexus, im the policy holder and shes named driver. we will alternate each year for NCB.

so need to find out if wife will be covered on courtesy car, which i think should be no problem.

did lexy cover your insurance and your named driver if you had one?

They've promised to pay for everything mate. If they had tried to charge me I'm afraid I would of tore the lad a new ****** !

Good to hear this. its one of the the reasons i was ready to just hand it over. we are all different and im just a person, pay cash,if it don't work, have the thing back.

but will see what these guys come back with as hes looped the service manager in, so waiting on details of when they can do this and courtesy car. also went back on the email to get them to confirm regards insurance coverage for both my wife and I.

your ok, as you just have to sit it out so it will be good to have it all done and dusted when you pick it up. just think your at top of the list.

im just trying get something booked as in a few weeks i my work schedule becomes manic

• 4 weeks later...

Yay :) I got my car today!! Recall work all done and I must say I'm very happy with it, apart from .......... A really annoying creaking sound coming from the passenger side dash area and a mysterious metal on metal type scrape/ grinding noise that only happens occasionally when braking whilst turning at low speed.

The dash wasn't creaking when I test drove it, do you think they will have had it apart when doing the recall? As for the grinding its gotta be a brake issue, hasn't it?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links