Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thanks For Info

Nicola

Way back in March I asked for owners likes and dislikes of the IS200, as my dad was shopping for a car.

On Friday he became the proud owner of an IS200 SE (nearly 2 years old) in Granite sky with sat nav etc. :D

I can't believe it has taken him since the beginning of the year to decide on a car.

He has commented that the ride is firmer than he would like (car is sitting on low profile bridgestones), so I guess that plays a large part.

He purchased the car from a dealer and was not impressed with the condition when he collected it, so it will have to go back for some 'adjustments' that should have been dealt with before collection :blink:

He even let me drive it on Saturday (still prefer my MR2) :P

My next task is to get him to sign up here and to bring him along to a meet.

So thank you for the honest opinions you gave on the IS200.

(Better go back to my correct forum (TOC))

Hi Nicola! :)

Am sure your dad is gonna love the car to bits! What swung it for him in favour of the Lexus? What other cars was he looking at? Which dealer did he get it from? Surprising that it wasn't in good nick when he picked it up - Lexus dealers are usually very good!

Yup, a firm ride is a characteristic of the car, but it's not overly firm & he'll appreciate it when he's next hussling along some country lane :winky:

Have to say I've always hankered after the Mk2 MR2 - looks the business! B)

UKpulse,

My dad also looked at volvo and jaguar and said that the lexus offered everything he wanted. He bought it at Woodford, Essex.

I might get some pics in a couple of weeks (when I next visit).

Will also try and sign him onto the site (guess he hasn't worked out how to), so he can post himself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links