Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Message & E Mail Receiving Help Requested

My Iphone 5 connects via Bluetooth without a problem, my contacts have transferred across fine and I can use the telephone without a problem. I set some favourites up which dropped once but have redone them and they are fine now

It has also connected for the audio player. if I have the Bluetooth source selected it starts playing as soon as it picks it up. i must admit I don't quite understand the difference between the two methods of connecting - from "vehicle" or "device". Mine is connected from the vehicle.

What I'm not getting are e mails or texts (although the sound of incoming comes across the Bluetooth connection). I have checked with the compatibility and the Iphone 5 seems fine, although it did say the personal hotspot setting needed to be on and the mobile contract one that allows tethering. Mine does and I regularly tether to my iPad so know that side of it works.

I turned the personal hotstop function on the phone on but I am not receiving anything.

I've gone through the manual and can't see that I'm missing anything. All the settings seem as they should be.

Has anyone had any success in getting this very useful function to work?

Thanks in advance!

David

Hi David, I think Bluetooth is intended to provide simple connection setup but as a means of communication it does have limitations, for example, for best audio quality a wired or WiFi connection is often recommended. Also see http://www.diffen.com/difference/Bluetooth_vs_Wifi To avoid the inconvenience of a wired connection and, if you don't mind the thought of buying a SIM card with a data contract, the £350 Lexus Hotspot option might be worth investigating. If you do decide to go down this route I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

The hotspot connection can do wifi to the car and 4 other devices in the car (5 in total) but you still need a phone that is compatible with the car's email and SMS for it to be able to be seen on the internal LCD. The only phones that work are some blackberrys Q10 and Z10 (others may work) and the htc One.

I have a Windows phone and that has received text messages once or twice but for some reason has stopped now even though I haven't changed any settings. Further investigation needed.

David, how to I access this "Lexus Portal"?

I have a Windows phone and that has received text messages once or twice but for some reason has stopped now even though I haven't changed any settings. Further investigation needed.

David, how to I access this "Lexus Portal"?

www.my.lexus.eu and then register you and your car.

• Like 1

Hi Tel, I believe it gives access to Lexus Connected Services, see the links to YouTube videos I posted in: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/83604-lexus-connected-services-new-is/?hl=%2Bconnected+%2Bservices The Connected Traffic and Parking information look the most useful. In the UK this system is run by INRIX see http://newsroom.toyo...n-service&mid=1

This Portal Introduction video mentions that an app store will be introduced in January 2014 which could be interesting:

• 2 weeks later...

I have the good fortune to be on holiday in the States at the mo 😎 but have updated my Iphone software. Has anyone done the same and seen and changes good or otherwise in terms of text and e mail?

I won't be able to check mine out until I come back from the cruise round the Bahamas 😁😁.

How's the weather by the way?

I have the good fortune to be on holiday in the States at the mo but have updated my iPhone software. Has anyone done the same and seen and changes good or otherwise in terms of text and e mail?

I won't be able to check mine out until I come back from the cruise round the Bahamas .

I have the good fortune to be on holiday in the States at the mo but have updated my iPhone software. Has anyone done the same and seen and changes good or otherwise in terms of text and e mail?

I won't be able to check mine out until I come back from the cruise round the Bahamas .

Hi David

I see on the Club Lexus forums they can indeed receive text messages with the Iphone - check out this link which may be of help

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-third-generation/710820-text-messages-through-car.html

• 4 months later...

does anybody know if the text/email readout work with a Samsung Note 3? I can't get it to work with a note 2 although it makes out as if it does but no messages appear? It works with a samsung s4 alright but curiously my note 2 has the same version of the operating system but no joy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links