Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Shock Absorber Lexus Is 220D - Alternatives?

Hi guys,

I need to change my rear shocks absorber from my Lexus IS 220D (ALE20L-AEFLYW) - more info about orignal part.

I was at Lexus Service and one shock absorber cost 320euro x 2 pieces left/right = 640euro without installation, expensive...

I checked in service the number of my shock is Tokico Japan 48530-53141 or 4853080416 - ALE20..RHD..ATM MARK 48530-53141,MALAYSIA SPEC,MALAYSIA SPEC&TIRE & DISC WHEEL-225/45R17+245/45R17,SUMMER TIRE,ALUMI

And I find alternative in Japan: Tokico 4853080413 - GSE20 MARK 48530-53121,TIRE & DISC WHEEL-225/45R17+245/45R17,SUMMER TIRE,ALUMI - cost 66euro/piece = 132euro + 70euro shipping, huge difference!

Who knows, what difference between ALE20 & GSE20?

I think I can use GSE20(IS250) shock absorber on my ALE20(IS220D)...

Please help! thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Bump means your topic gets moved up to the top so more people will see it and reply.

According to Toyodiy.com the 2 part numbers you have quoted are the same item and will fit your car. I would order the cheaper option part number 48530-80413.

Europe08/2005-LEXUS IS250/350/2xxDALE20,GSE2*48-04: REAR SPRING & SHOCK ABSORBER

• Like 1

This may help explain the model differences but it is the same shock absorber part number for all of them

Model Dates Matching Models Model Options

11/2005-07/2008 ALE20L-AEFLYW LUX,SED,LHD,2ADFHV,DCR,MTM

08/2008-07/2010 ALE20L-AEFSYN SPO,SED,LHD,2ADFH,DCR,MTM

11/2005-07/2008 ALE20R-AEFLYW LUX,SED,RHD,2ADFHV,DCR,MTM

02/2006-07/2008 ALE20R-AEFSYW SPO,SED,RHD,2ADFHV,DCR,MTM

08/2005-07/2008 GSE20R-AETLHW LUX,SED,RHD,4GRFSE,D4,ATM

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Thank again:)

Bump means your topic gets moved up to the top so more people will see it and reply.

ah, ok. Thx for bump:)

According to Toyodiy.com the 2 part numbers you have quoted are the same

item and will fit your car. I would order the cheaper option part

number 48530-80413.

Super! Amazing news. Just ordered!

One of my IS220d rear shocks leaked. Bought a used one of ebay for £70 plus £10 fitting from Bradford back street garage. I don't see any point in buying a new one on a 6-7 year old car.

Hi Shepherd, the problem with second hand shock absorber that it can work 1 month or 3 years, it's risk :). And £70 =~ 84euro. A new one will cost 66euro from Japan. And I know from any service that when is broken something, like shock absorber, tires, etc, the owner need to change both left and right.

I think many people have this problem with shock absorbers for lexus is220d 2006-2008 that cost minim 320euro/piece in europe.

I will decribe below the method to order from japon. If you like it, just say "THANKS"!

Ok, I find 2 websites:
1. Cheap one: http://www.impex-jp.com/zip/nomer/4853080413.html (Original Equipment Manufacturer, or OEM)
- One shock cost : ¥ 8 200 or 2 826,54rub or 66euro
- Weight is 3.611kg
- First you order the pieces and after 10days (my order) they will receive shock absorber to their warehouse.
- After they calculate the shipping to your country, the package will be send with EMS (max 2 weeks will be at you). Shipping is calculating by the weight, you can find here more exactly price: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/cgi-charge/index.php?lang=_en
- you can pay with: paypal, credit card, webmoney. I choose paypal.

The biggest problem(not for me) that they speak only Russian or Japanese. I know Russian :)

I ordered here!

2. More hight price: http://www.amayama.com/search/?q=4853080413 (Original Equipment Manufacturer, or OEM)
- One shock cost from Japan Stock: $105.50 or 79.28 euro
- Weight is 3.611kg
- First you need to do inquiry, if they can to take it or not.
- If item exist, first you need to pay for item and after arriving to their warehouse for shipping.
- They speak: English, Russian & Japanese.
- And they have website in: English, Russian & Japanese.
- More faq here: http://www.amayama.com/help/

The biggest problem is: shock absorbers can be delivered by sea only. You need to wait from 2 weeks until 2 months:(.

Hope, I helped someone! Have a great day!

Sorry for my english...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, sorry, I forgot to post here :shifty: .

The Shock absorbers "Tokico 4853080413 - GSE20" was perfect fitted in my Lexus is220d :shifty:

Final story:

-- I ordered 2 x Original "Tokico 4853080413 - GSE20" from http://www.impex-jp.com/zip/nomer/4853080413.html

-- Cost: 66euro/shock = 132Euro/2 pieces

-- I ordered in 14 September 2013. They received in 9 days to their warehouse (in 23 Sept 2013).

-- After they send package by EMS. Japan -> Europe,Romania - 7days (in 30 september 2013), Cost 80euro.

-- I was next day at Service; in 3 hours the new shock absorbers was mounted! Cost: 62euro

Total: 132+80+62 = 274EURO + I have brand new original shock absorbers.

Original price from lexus/toyota Service was: 2 x 320e/piece + 220e(change) = 860e

I happy that I have new OEM absorbers and 586euro in my pocket :whistling:

If you like this, just press button "Like this"

Sorry for my english...

Some photos of OEM Tokico 4853080413 - GSE20:

2013-11-05_00-08-39.png

2013-11-05_00-09-22.png

2013-11-05_00-10-04.png

2013-11-05_00-10-36.png

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know how long until the shock absorbers stop functioning if they have a leak?

Apparently mine have a small leak. If I don't sell my car, I will probably use the links you recommended. Thank you!

it would depend if it gets worse which would be an MOT failure if spotted. Obviously at some point if too much fluid is lost it isn't going to work properly so you will get bouncing, which you probably wouldn't want to live with, and again would be an MOT failure.

Does anyone know how long until the shock absorbers stop functioning if they have a leak?

Apparently mine have a small leak. If I don't sell my car, I will probably use the links you recommended. Thank you!

I used leaked shocks 3 months before find this solution :). And when I replace it, I think I could use next 2-3 months.

It just passed it's MOT. They put it down as a warning, saying it's a small leak. I was wondering if it's something that will just go or if it will be ok got 5, 10k miles. I do around 6000 a year.

I made 4k km in that 3 months... I had small leak, too.

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone, I just wondering does this shock absorber fits 2009 is250 model? And anybody tried to order them to deliver to uk? I think it will be extra VAT and import tax on them?

Just find out today one of the rear ones leaking badly.

Hello everyone, I just wondering does this shock absorber fits 2009 is250 model? And anybody tried to order them to deliver to uk? I think it will be extra VAT and import tax on them?

Just find out today one of the rear ones leaking badly.

yes, will fits. They are for is250, but fit is220d:)

yes, they ship to uk.

You can ask them to declare small sum, then you will pay less VAT ;).

good luck

Thanks for quick reply. Mine is250 very first facelift model 2008/08 and like steve2006 posted before the list of the cars using same part,mine is not in that list. I checked toyodiy.com and its comes up with different part numbers for rear shock absorber. Because lexus had improved handling with is250 2009 model I just confused now, maybe I need different type/performance absorber. Part numbers I got at toyodiy.com I cant find nowhere for sale.

my opinion, you can try them. if they don't fit, you can easy sell +100e in plus ;). And you will not loose anything...

Because nobody know, if they fit or not :).

thnx

You right Sveat. Impossible to lose in this case, I will order them now. Looks like lexus making different absorbers for different colours of IS models :D too many different part numbers...

Why not look at alternatives? I recently changed all of my suspension to Koni FSD - much tighter cornering with more comfort than stock for £600 for all 4 shocks.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links