Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P0135 Error Code

shafque

Hi guys

For a while now i have had my engine light on my IS200 and have the follwing codes appear on my reader:

P0135 01/02 and P0135 02/02

I have tried to clear it using the read. but after a few miles of driving it comes back up. I have changed my exhaust, I have changed my spark plugs with genuine irudium lexus ones and I have even replace the Lambda Sensor but still no luck.

Do you think its the coil packs?

Can anyone help.

Regards

Have you provided the correct error codes? Not sure why your reader would give two errors with the same code - seems odd which gives me a little doubt as to whether your reader is giving accurate info.

However assuming that P0135 is correct then no, a coil pack wouldn't have anything to do with this. It is a fault with the heater circuit within the O2 sensor, not a problem with the measurement from the O2 sensor which a coil pack, plug etc could influence.

Did you replace the sensor with the correct genuine Denso OEM or genuine Toyota one? Other sensors can have a different resistance on the heater circuit which appear to the ECU as a fault.

If the sensor is the correct one then it is either a wiring issue between the sensor and the ECU, or the ECU itself (very rare).

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for late reply guys. what do you mean about the B1S1 is that a code thats suppose to come up? the only code that have come up are these

P0135 01/02 and P0135 02/02

and thats it.

the lambda sensor i changed was the short one in the exhaust. and the sensor was a genuine one

right, the 01/02 bit doesn't have anything to do with it on your reader. That will just be the numbered order of sensed errors more than likely.

P0135 refers to heater circuit, bank 1 sensor 1. There are three sensors on the exhaust. One underneath the car after the catalytic converters, the other two are under the bonnet on the drivers side of the engine in both exhaust manifolds. The one you're after is the one toward the front of the car.

ScreenShot2013-09-21at203137_zps351bbe62

ScreenShot2013-09-21at203201_zps565f3f16

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links