Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member From Leicester

CrankyApe

Hi all

Thought I would come say hi as I have just purchased a Lexus IS200 on a V plate and loving it only issue I have had is a crack in the radiator the day after picking it up but new one on order and some K-Seal blocking the crack at present.

Here are a few pictures now I have machine polished it and correct the paint best I can for its age

b9d5db7d996ce3f093c3fcb3aa285aea.jpg

59e8ea50daa195e27034ce9e0f6a5557.jpg

0af484be93fcf2e17101514ca01072f8.jpg

335a1e9f6aa9e373f04aaad65015eb4d.jpg

a2d6bab49b3f6004d180ed7886b2306d.jpg

Only things that need sorting is the rad of course, plus the wheels need referring thinking about doing them gloss black and the sat nav screen flickers a bit so need to source a new ribbon cable I think if that's possible to replace.

What does everyone think?

Welcome aboard Christopher, you have done an excellent job there. As posted above get the rad done asap, it's an expensive lump to repair if it overheats and causes any damage.

Rad was ordered first thing this morning an should be here tuesday then will be fitted as soon as it arrives just need to go to toyota or lexus to get some long life coolant

You can get pink coolant from Halfords for cheaper. I was told by a Lexus tech at Lexus Bristol that the Halfords stuff is just as good as theirs. I've had Halfords coolant in mine for nearly 20,000 miles now, no issues.

Next service I'll flush it again with Halfords stuff :)

Sat nav screen now working perfectly just took it out and cleaned up the contacts on the ribbon cable and no more flickering well chuffed shame the map is well out of date but got Tom Tom on my phone anyway but I like to see what roads are up ahead.

Sat nav screen now working perfectly just took it out and cleaned up the contacts on the ribbon cable and no more flickering well chuffed shame the map is well out of date but got Tom Tom on my phone anyway but I like to see what roads are up ahead.

Well done :driving:

Mines started flickering, thought it was interfering with GROM, but ill try this. thanks. glad you got the niggles sorted now. many more trouble free miles to come im sure

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links