Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Seats

shafque

i think this is a common probelm on the is200 but my drivers seat heigh adjustment does not seam to work. I can hear the motor going but it just does not move. i can move it front and back no problem.

I think i need the change the motor and i have seen this on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS200-ELECTRIC-DRIVERS-SEAT-MOTOR-FRONT-/170726754225?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c01b87b1#ht_318wt_1161

does anyone know if this is the right part to sort the problem?

What makes you think it's a common problem,never had such a problem with the two I have owned,you will probably need to take the seat out to see if it is as you will probably find that the seats are run by more the just one motor.

• Like 1

i think this is a common probelm on the is200 but my drivers seat heigh adjustment does not seam to work. I can hear the motor going but it just does not move. i can move it front and back no problem.

I think i need the change the motor and i have seen this on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS200-ELECTRIC-DRIVERS-SEAT-MOTOR-FRONT-/170726754225?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c01b87b1#ht_318wt_1161

does anyone know if this is the right part to sort the problem?

NOT gonna pay that silly money for that lil motor with that price you probably can buy a whole working electric seat. just need to search around :shifty:

If you can hear the motor running then a motor replacement is probably not going to solve your problem. There are two motors in the seat subframe assembly and it's a fair bit of work to strip down the seats and see what the problem is. It could be a sheared or broken gear wheel, it was a common problem in the SAAB 93 and 95 when I worked on them in the US. The gear wheels were not up to heaving fat Americans.

My advice would be something more along these lines. A lot lot less hassle and the scrappie might give you a return on your old seats for the airbags, seat heaters etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/seat-front-electric-heated-osf-lexus-is200-6sp-99-05-sheffield-/400575750274

That's true, there are two motors. Depending on which end of the button you lift, the corresponding end of the seat lifts. So you can lift the front or back of the seat individually. So both don't operate?

• 3 weeks later...

i got the same problem before.(motor running but highting not work)

it's one plastic-gear has worn down.all you need is just replace it in bronze-one.then you won't be worry it again as i am.

i'm Taiwanese.sorry for my poor english.

http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b91203441;_ylt=AiaDU_J9WxHhMrk1zxy_yXByFbN8;_ylv=3

it's one plastic-gear has worn down.all you need is just replace it in bronze-one.then you won't be worry it again as i am.

http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b91203441;_ylt=AiaDU_J9WxHhMrk1zxy_yXByFbN8;_ylv=3

Thanks for the share link Keven

not to worry about communication ... only just having trouble finding the parts

welcome to the club :zee:

Welcome to the club Keven, nice find there, should be of use to some members.

excellent kevin and welcome. I am having problems on the site to purchase. is there any other place i can purchase this item?

thank you all.

this gear is self-developed. wearing down is a common problem in my place. couple guys(including me)request the boss could make one for is200. finally it's been done months later. so i don't know where to purchase out of Taiwan. besides get it, you need a mechanic good at disassembling the gear-unit willing to do it. it took about two hours to finish.

I would be interested asking your boss to make few more and have it post here in UK.. off course you'll be the middle man

would be a great potential having this (metal better than plastic) i'm sure lexus use the same little mechanism to others model

I think you misunderstand me. He is not my boss. I'm just a buyer of YAHOO auction and the gear works well now. Of course I will be glad to post for you. But there are some things I need you to be sure.

1 Is it you need exactly?(and the price)

2 It will wait a long time to buy it and mail to you.

3 Do you know the way to replace it ?(no offence.for saving money,Taiwan mechanics are pretty handy. :lol: )

4 I don't know the process to mail a package to UK.

these I'm worry about.

Hope it's helpful to you.

I think you misunderstand me. He is not my boss. I'm just a buyer of YAHOO auction and the gear works well now. Of course I will be glad to post for you. But there are some things I need you to be sure.

1 Is it you need exactly?(and the price)

2 It will wait a long time to buy it and mail to you.

3 Do you know the way to replace it ?(no offence.for saving money,Taiwan mechanics are pretty handy. :lol: )

4 I don't know the process to mail a package to UK.

these I'm worry about.

Hope it's helpful to you.

opps! sorry.. i know usually in asia country people call the seller/buyer as "boss" B)

no worry about my previous question as it's too hassle for you. :P

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

how much does it work out to be in UK money??

Taiwan New Dollar $1,600 = £33.85

i think it's a fair price to pay where by it's a custom made in metal materiel then the oem plastic. unless there's a similar company in UK that make similar custom mold

beginning I heard the price,wow :o ... what a little gear! but if I need the up-down function works,there are no ways but change a seat.(LEXUS told me)

second-hand seat will take ten-time nomey more than changing the little piece.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links