Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyre Pressures

I am taking my Rx400h on a pilgrimage to Old Buckenham airfield to pay my respects to Wing Commander Ken Wallis MBE who built and flew the Bond Autogyro

and was still flying at 97 until he left us a few weeks ago. A true Gentleman.

Question is, I will be in a hurry so what tyre pressures will be most beneficial? Or doesn't it make any difference?

post-45174-0-26042200-1380091158_thumb.p

Without knowing what the national speed limits are one could be forgiven thinking that motorway limits were around 90 mph...........

I will stick to the handbook numbers - I was just curious to see what other Rx400h drivers used...... :whistling:

Without knowing what the national speed limits are one could be forgiven thinking that motorway limits were around 90 mph...........

:whistling:

Really!?

Should you really be on the road at all?

Ahhhhh, the irony of it all!

I tried 36psi all around once, but the ride was too harsh. Currently happy with 35 all round. I've got one of those digital tyre inflators that plug into the ciggie lighter. Essential piece of kit to keep those pressures accurate; fits neatly under those covers in the boot and more convenient than going to a garage forecourt.

Malibu,

Went to Old Buckenham airfield, Norfolk from the Surrey Hills via M25 clockwise and returned clockwise as the hold ups from roadworks abeam St Albans to the A10 were not worth

repeating. At times the main traffic stream was maintaining 80+ mph, at others 40 mph. Returned via the Thames bridge which was a little quicker. 35 psi seems an ideal

pressure setting for my 400h and i got an average of 32 mpg for 320 miles indicated. Climate on and lights on on the country roads.

Paid my respects to Wing Commander Ken Wallis and met old flying pals - good day out made v.comfortable thanks to Lexus.

Looks like you had a great run out and it seems 35psi works for you too! Your MPG appears to be the same as mine for a similar type of run.

Mine went in for a service last week and it was collected and returned from where I work. As a matter of curiosity I reset the trip to zero. The vehicle was returned to me showing an average of 29.2! Having owned the car since June and never dipped below 31.4 I can only assume I have a hybrid foot.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links