Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought A Mkiv Unseen....

I forgot the biggest inaccuracy in the listing.

The seller said in the description that the car was silver. Well....it's not!!

Also the car was on fumes when delivered. I had to put a jerrycan in the boot in case I ran out and the inside smelled like an ashtray.....

Another shade of silver then ............ mine's silver but is actually aspen green ........ defies belief that there's even a hint of green there somewhere !!!

And that's after the optician told me I had 20/20 vision too. :whistling:

Malc

• Like 1

Another shade of silver then ............ mine's silver but is actually aspen green ........ defies belief that there's even a hint of green there somewhere !!!

And that's after the optician told me I had 20/20 vision too. :whistling:

Malc

The hint of green is pretty obvious at daylight, at night not so much. Got stopped by the strong arm of the law a few days ago asking if this registration has been on another car as according to them it belonged to a green Lexus :)

Had a look through the mountain of paperwork that came with the car and found a bill of sale from 1998 at 660 miles for £44500. I wonder how she spent the first 660 miles though

Unlikely to have been a demonstrater with such a low mileage, more than likely bought for a customer and they cancelled used by staff or bought and collected from another dealership until sold, mine was a demonstrater and was held by Lexus for twelve months, did 9k.then the last owner before me took 13 years to do the other 9k.I have done 4k in 12 months and it drives like new does'nt really matter who puts the miles on the clock with these cars they are bulletproof.

Unlikely to have been a demonstrater with such a low mileage, more than likely bought for a customer and they cancelled used by staff or bought and collected from another dealership until sold, mine was a demonstrater and was held by Lexus for twelve months, did 9k.then the last owner before me took 13 years to do the other 9k.I have done 4k in 12 months and it drives like new does'nt really matter who puts the miles on the clock with these cars they are bulletproof.

Yes they are bullet proof but I wouldn't buy a car from my neighbour, one of their many loan cars supplied after the numerous insurance claims they have had was automatic,

It flumuxed them a bit as one of the sons must have the habit of changing a car into first gear before stopping unfortunately if you ram the stick in an auto all the way forward before stopping or slowing down for a corner all you do is stop sharply with a big crunch as it passes through reverse. ( he did not learn from the first time it happened either) Crunch oh the neighbour is home again.

Mind you at least it was a shorter car than their BMW, Then I know they have come home as the crunch means they have tried to get into the house without using the front door. I do keep on telling them their house isn't a mc Donalds drive through.

We also now have a double thick dividing wall ( tied in) between our front gardens, after the sixth rebuild. Needless to say my Lexus is not parked on the street, or anywhere near where they might be attending the steering wheel. I learn't my lesson on that one when the Mother reversed out of the drive way straight over my newly purchased (one & a half hours) Honda fireblade motorcycle, The thing is She knew it was there & the daughter was guiding her out.

So in conclusion I don't think even an ls 400 would fair too well in their hands. Mind you they never get a chance to sell on any of their cars unless its for scrap.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links