Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Aftermarket Parts Availability - Could Use Some Advise

Hello.

My 1991 needs refreshing of the front suspension. I managed to order a set uf Moog upper control arms from US but I suspect that also lower control arm bushings as well as lower ball joints need to be changed, too. Or should as long as it is apart.

The lower control arm bushings and lower ball joints are available as Lexus/Toyota parts but I'm a bit on a budget here and wouldn't say no if these would be available as aftermarket parts.

Could you by any chance point me to a direction where these could be obtained, please? I wouldn't protest if you would recommend a brand in case there are several available.

They are all available but it is a case of what you want to trust

Just get the part numbers for the ball joints and the bushes

43340-59015 left ball joint

43330-59015 right ball joint

48654-50010 lower arm bush

Stick those part numbers into google and the world is your oyster

Look on google images and you will see them there too

If you are not too fussed about where to get them from then check aliexpress.com in China as that website sells everything !!!

Thank you for the replies.

China is a bit too far but I managed to Google for example the lower ball joints and came across brands such as Blueprint and Febi/Bilstein for a reasonable cost. This is a good start.

Don't know the Blueprint but Febi/Bilstein should be OK.

I haven't checked yet with the local Toyota parts guy but it is my understanding that the original lower ball joints are over 100 Euros a piece.

But OEM quality is OEM quality so I'll check those prices tomorrow.

China is a bit too far

It's not when you think about it

DHL makes it only 3 days away !!!

Whenever I have had to order things from Lexus it is always a 2-3 day wait

eBay is about 3 days delivery

Motorfactors are normally within 2 days

And how long did it take for your upper arms to arrive from USA ?

They are not that picky up here as there are very few strictly Lexus dealers in the country and it seems that Toyota dealers have gotten "green light" to order what's needed. Same applies to basic service.

China is a bit too far

It's not when you think about it

DHL makes it only 3 days away !!!

Whenever I have had to order things from Lexus it is always a 2-3 day wait

eBay is about 3 days delivery

Motorfactors are normally within 2 days

And how long did it take for your upper arms to arrive from USA ?

Cannot say yet as Bubba is packing the goods as we speak.

I understand that a lot of parts on the market are manufactured in China or thereabout but I'm not very comfortable to get parts from there. But I will take a look and see how it "feels". I know a lot of guys who order Harley clothing and such from China and are quite pleased with the quality.

It's not the greatest quality

It's OK

I am not sure if I would buy suspension parts frpm China as if they go wrong it could be potentially serious

However I have just bought 2 bonnet struts from China for a very small amount of money

I have found that RockAuto in the States have a huge range of OEM quality parts covering all years of the LS at much lower prices than you would pay here or in Europe. And, this is still taking into consideration the quite high delivery costs as well. Worth a look. I would avoid using any Chinese parts though as I'm very sceptical of their "quality" control.That's just me, but I wouldn't chance it with my LS.

I have found that RockAuto in the States have a huge range of OEM quality parts covering all years of the LS at much lower prices than you would pay here or in Europe. And, this is still taking into consideration the quite high delivery costs as well. Worth a look. I would avoid using any Chinese parts though as I'm very sceptical of their "quality" control.That's just me, but I wouldn't chance it with my LS.

I totally agree about the quality control issue.

Have had a number of good mates involved in outsourcing production to China, for companies like Xerox, Canon etc.

The problems always cured by having Western European managers and quality staff who keep on eye on machine too land die wear, otherwise the Chinese just let the machine keep chucking out good until something breaks. Also had BMW guys in Germany say the same thing about manufacturing in Turkey, you drum quality and quality inspection in with home-based management on the case for a decade or so.

I have even seen this quite clearly in something as mundane as a toilet set, where the first one bought had decent thread on the couplings, where as one (same model) bought a bit later, it looked like the thread had been made by a drunk monkey with a blunt chisel.

So anything involving some level of high quality metal work is not going to come out of china (yet), but then in the 1950's the same could have been said for Japan and within 30 years they had it all sorted.

Having said all of that there are still a number of UK engineering companies that I am not so sure understand what quality means (so the good old British Leyland ethos still not quite departed our shores)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links