Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressures

One theory I have is that the car was originally aligned on tyres that had bad tyre wear. Me getting new tyres put on has amplified the issue? Don't know clutching at straws... Maybe steering has been removed and not put on? Who knows?!?!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope so too. But I somehow thing they have no idea about what is wrong. What i don't want is they say its sorted, but they trash the geo work i have had done and then yes car goes straight but i will have excessive tyre wear on the right wheel compared to the left as they have compensated it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Update from the dealer. They are still baffled to what's wrong. They have referred to to Lexus GB and are awaiting an answer. I have told them that its a very common problem in the US and Lexus have released castor brackets to fix the issue. They will feed that back to Lexus GB and see what they say. But I have a feeling that they will say Lexus US cars are built differently to UK cars and the issue won't be the same. Even though its word for word what I'm having... Ho hum

Any chance that one of your brake calipers are binding? A car with a binding brake caliper will look 100% on the wheel alignment machine, yet will pull to one side while being driven. Seeing that the car has sat idle for a while, this just got me thinking...

No all checked and brakes are 100% perfect. Been through all this with them. They think it's the same issue as what people in the states are having. But are awaiting Lexus GB to clarify

Plot thickens.... The dealership have hit a brick wall and can't work out what I wrong. To them everything is perfect yet the issue is still there. They have spoken to Lexus Technical and are not having much luck from them either. They have asked to let them keep the car for longer to see if they get anywhere after the festive break. I have said if they dot get anywhere I may write to Lexus GB and say that this is ridiculous... Bless my dealership as they have been amazing in keeping me updated and feel my pain.

I'm surprised the Lexus GB are not coming back to the dealership sooner as the ISF is one of their flagship cars!!!

Hi guys... Well hats off to the dealership who have sorted my car out! They had to re-calibrate the torque and yaw sensors on the car and it has totally transformed the car. I'm so happy to have it back and perfect.

I guess that's one of the drawback's of having such limited numbers of these special cars on the UK roads. :(

Probably a combination of not having enough experience of working on the ISF, and not having enough ISF's that have suffered this particular issue?

Main thing is it's been sorted at least. :)

Would be interested to know what the dealership charged to remedy this issue. Just as a reference if anyone else is unfortunate enough to suffer the same issue in the future.

Cheers.

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links