Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Devon

mudzs

I am of to Devon (Dawlish) tomorrow and am dreading getting a speeding ticket .Anyone know of a site that gives info on were they are on route, or anyone that do,s this journey give me any pointers on were they are .Was going to buy a radar detector but cannot decide which one.Can,t wait to to hit them a roads in the lexus first big trip we have done in it . :D

We go to Launceston a lot (mother in-laws !) from Portsmouth using the M27 / A36 / A303 / A358 / M5 / A30 - there are not too many real camera installations (using Road Angel) but they do love their private speed trap vans parked on bridges - have a good trip, here are some ace roads round that way :D

Yes it is very good - only problem is trying to mount it neatly as the unit reflects on screen if mounted next to Sat Nav unit (real pet hate) and bounces on standard platic mounting if mounted on RH side.

Currently making pukka ali bracket in our workshop so hope to sort this week.

Unit itself works well and can be adjusted to give lots or little warning distance / sound or not etc for "blackspots" and cameras.

Doing updates via modem at home is quick though have had small problems getting connections - helpline really does as it says though and HQ are very very helpful in that respect.

Just had cables to separate (laser or radar ? - i've forgotten and got corrected last time !) unit and intend to mount up behind mirror ASAP.

I looked at the various systems for ages and a GPS unit does seem to be the way to go without doubt - would be interested in how it compares the Snooper 6r system though ...

(Gosh - thats my longest ever mail here - hope you didn't get too bored :o )

must admit i am toying with the idea of going to Halfords today to buy one .The only thing that worries me is how well they do with the mobile vans ,do they give you time or is it a case of if you are first car in line and it is pointed at you you are done for

Suggest you visit the web site - search on "blackspot" or something similar.

Think the mobile units "fire" several times before fix is achieved giving you some time to slow - even if just lifting foot off the loud pedal - each MPH saved can make a difference.

PM for buying tip esp if using Big H :ph34r:

Bought one bit of a pain to fit and had to phone them a few times due to taking a day to register and me going to devon tomorrow :angry: .Thankfully they rushed it through so all up and running.Gonna give it a good test over the next week :P

Have a look at here for Devon and here for rest of country.

Devon is not too bad & there are some nice roads off the main routes. As far as I know all static camera's are still yellow so easy to spot (except ones behind overgrown trees!). As Claire noted, the main problem is getting here ;) . M5 south of Bristol usually has 1-2 patrol cars about plus occasional mobile traps. A303 has a few camera's but mostly on the single lane sections where you are usually stuck behind a caravan or truck. Watch out for one camera on an uphill passing lane just outside a village (can't remember name) and one westbound on the 3 lane after South Petherton (which caught Nigel Mansell a few years ago).

Have a nice holiday - looks like the weather will be good B)

Just been out for a test run on the road angel and it,s the nuts picked up all the cameras in my area .The difference between my speedo and the road angels mph is well out my speedo said 30mph and it said 27mph :duh: .the only worry i have is we have them signs that flash to tell you to slow down and they have a radar in them but it was not picked up by the road angel do you think it should have been or do they work on a different system.

.the only worry i have is we have them signs that flash to tell you to slow down and they have a radar in them but it was not picked up by the road angel do you think it should have been or do they work on a different system.

those sign's are purely a warning they do not take pictures so why would road angel need to warn you about them???

As far as I know the Road Angel is GPS only - i.e. it does not detect anything, it warns when you are close to a location in its memory. Worth keeping the unit updated - every few weeks / before a long trip etc. Upside is you get good warning of known cameras / truvelos etc (and won't warn if on other carraigeway etc) - downside it will not detect roadside vans / cars with radar or laser.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links