Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Difference Between Rx400H & Rx 450H Headlamps

Hi Guys

Not had the car long, so I have not got to grips with everything on her. I just noticed that at night it did seem darker than my previous RX400, even though it has the adaptive lighting. It is 2010 SE-L Premier, not sure what lights are fitted and as I work away can't even look until I get home. Does anyone know what the spec on this year should be?

Many thanks for help and advice guys very much appreciated. :driving:

Led's should really be brighter. Ive been flashed a few times because people think I have high beams on.

That could be that they are not as well designed, or have a bad cut off/aim, even if they are aimed correctly being LEDs there is no reason they will automatically be better then standard HiDs.

I know this might sound strange given my original comments, but as I work away a lot I have not driven a great deal at night in this car. Last night I noticed that most of the time they are as bright as normal but I believe that the settings might be too high. I am going into my local dealership and ask them to check the alignment as that is the problem I believe. Thanks again for all your comments and putting up with my dumbness..........;0)

Yep. The regular HIDs are much bigger. They also have two lens only, like the RX400h: HID for dipped beam and halogen for main beam.

Go to the used car section on the Lexus website and take a look at some of the RX450h they have on there. You can compare front pix of SE-I models (they have regular HIDs) and some of SE-L models and above (they have LEDs)

Or just face a wall or garage door and turn the lights on, if they are LED they will be at full brightness immediately, if HiD they will "flash" on and then slowly increase in brightness over a period of about 20-30 seconds.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links