Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 1G Fe Misfire P0300

Funnylukey

hey im a mechanic by trade so i know my way around the engine

iv never had a Lexus before what a nice car to drive and to be in but since iv had the car the EML light keeps come on after a couple of miles iv give the car a good service like oil and oil filter spark plugs air filter still the same after that i scanned the car and the cords p0300 p0302 p0305 ooh and for peace of mind the fuel filter in the tank after it was done the car was a lot better and nice to drive lots of power but still the eml light still comes on after couple of miles and it seems to happen when the car under load like an hill at a steady speed like to night it happened and i scanned it quick and the core was p0300 random misfire iv found if the eml light comes on and flashes say your at traffic lights idling the light goes off after like 30 seconds i plan on keeping the car and don't mind spending money on it but i just need some help in the right direction :eerrrmm:

the cord p0300 it can be a number of things like spark plugs, injectors, ignition coils, low compression and wiring and after Christmas im going to buy 6 new coil packs i was just wondering is there any common faults to cause this on the 2.0 1g fe engine and iv checked the compression and its all okay the car as been very well look after by toyota

Just an up date iv just tried a new fuel pump new off a friend it the Walbro 255 pump little more power better pick up on acceleration still p0300 still persists come up on the code reader help any suggestions :(

Coil pack failure is not uncommon on the IS200 and there have been past cases of a defective injector causing a misfire.

An oscilloscope check on the primary sides of the coil to check the trigger pulses from the ECU should show up any defects in the waveform as it will for the injector pulses.

Like to day I was on my way back from Cardiff and the eml was on and the Traction control light was blinking but smooth idle and lots of power you can't feel there's a misfire at all what you think I should do next what ever you say next I'll just get it done the cars Starting to get me a little bit 😡

• 1 month later...

P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire

P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

P0305 - Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected

Going from them Id recommend new coils and plugs if your going to keep the car. Coils are expensive £120 plus on eBay and as you said at the beginning you've changed the plugs so they will be ok. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

hi just wanted to find out if you ever sorted your problem out. I'm also having misfire issues. Diagnostic report reads a misfire on Cylinder 1 but when i took it in the mechanic said that I also had problem on Cylinder 5 after doing a compression test. He says it is probably the piston ring and that I might have to overhaul my engine. I feel that an overhaul is a bit extreme and that the problem might be sorted a lot cheaper and easier. any news on how you sorted yours out?

hi just wanted to find out if you ever sorted your problem out. I'm also having misfire issues. Diagnostic report reads a misfire on Cylinder 1 but when i took it in the mechanic said that I also had problem on Cylinder 5 after doing a compression test. He says it is probably the piston ring and that I might have to overhaul my engine. I feel that an overhaul is a bit extreme and that the problem might be sorted a lot cheaper and easier. any news on how you sorted yours out?

Your mechanic suggested an engine overhaul after reading a code that says a misfire and he didn't start at the coils or plugs or was this after he assessed that they were not at fault?

Maybe get a second opinion. :)

• 7 years later...

Hello,

I have the following issue, one of my spark plugs (cylinder 3) was blown off and was in pieces. Also the coil was broken. No threads were left for the sparkplug, however Ive put new threads and insert also new spark plug and coil. Now the car runs almost good however there is a vibration on idle and i get p0300 and p0303 still and the CEL is blinking.

Do you guys have any idea what is the cause?

Thank you in advance!
Anton

4 minutes ago, AntonYordanov said:

Hello,

I have the following issue, one of my spark plugs (cylinder 3) was blown off and was in pieces. Also the coil was broken. No threads were left for the sparkplug, however Ive put new threads and insert also new spark plug and coil. Now the car runs almost good however there is a vibration on idle and i get p0300 and p0303 still and the CEL is blinking.

Do you guys have any idea what is the cause?

Thank you in advance!
Anton

Have you performed a compression test - I wonder if some debris went into the cylinder and scored the bore?

P0303 is related to cylinder 3 so there is something still not right.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Have you performed a compression test - I wonder if some debris went into the cylinder and scored the bore?

P0303 is related to cylinder 3 so there is something still not right.

No, not yet maybe thats the next logical step I guess.

• 4 months later...

Hello. I've got a similar problem as this thread. Misfire on 1-2 according to computer, have changed the plugs and done a compression test, all cylinders are at 12 bars. I have tried to have the car running on 4 cylinders and took off the 1&2 coils to see if it does anything. But the car automatically shuts off, think it's some safety feature. Is it possible that it's the coils that are faulty? 

Thanks from Sweden. 

It is possible, coils do fail on this engine. I had mine replaced twice on cylinder 1. My car has 140k miles/230k km. Try switching the places of the coils to see if the misfire would move. If necessary, replace with OEM ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links