Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

....is to get back in the saddle of another LS400. Of the 62 cars I've owned, only twice have I cried when they went. One was my old 1980 Bedford CF 'Advantura' motorhome,the other of course was the LS. Would like to stick to a MK3,but may be tempted by a MK4. We'll see!.

• Like 2

Go for it you know it makes sense. Even my wife admits that our, no my Lexus is the best ever car we, sorry I have ever had from the amount of time it doesn't spend getting fixed in the garage to driving ( yes I do allow her to drive my Lexie) and being driven in it. Mike

MK4 gets my vote, just done 300 miles over Xmas and reminds me of how much nicer it is than previous versions, it seems quieter than earlier versions, but then it is younger.

I have owned or driven far less than 62 cars (probably around 30) and the Mk4 is like arriving at journeys end, though may be tempted one day to try a 460 (though not so sure about all that road tax involved).

I used to drive a CF ambulance many years ago, ( didn't reduce me to tears though)! Now I have a Mk4 LS as my daily transport. Would hate to have to part with it, I really would. I don't think I would enjoy driving anymore if I did.

Makes me wonder sometimes,after 18 months of owning my mark 4, where do I go after this? Given the rising prices of the Marque recently,I dont know if I could afford to buy another one, I do look after my LS,but she ain't gonna last forever,as fellow Lexus owners on this Forum will readily testify, there comes a time,where you have to face reality,and no amount of money,will get your beloved Lexus,through that dreaded MOT test, we're kind of spoiled owning these cars really,couldn't see me 'regressing' back to any of the cars I owned in the passed, -like the Citroen 2CV I used to drive....Mmm ....

I've just returned to South Wales, having visited relatives in North Yorks for new year.

We did around 800 miles, averaging a smidge under 25mpg on the computer display, but using LPG, so equivalent to 45-50 I guess.

But, above all, the car performed faultlessly in some atrocious driving conditions, delivering us home as fresh as a daisy after a four hour trip.

A good one of these is an absolute bargain, as has been said many times.

• Like 1

Any reasonably well looked after Jap car should last heck of a long time, as I understand it the MOT process in Japan is a pretty tough (more so than here in blighty), so I reckon no reason for an LS to go for 25 years before the repairing becomes a bit of a nightmare.

My wifes 14 year Honda Civic has had minimal love and attention, and it gets through the MOT and the local garage she uses (a truck repair shop) always manage to get it through the MOT.

I also guess that the USA will be a source of spares for time to come, and also if a 50 year old MG can be kept going (given it's build quality in the first place) a LS is surely not an issue.

Having just done 200 miles today in crappy weather, I do agree that anything less should I ever need to retire the LS would be like loosing an arm.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links