Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! Stereo Wiring Problems

stohx

hi, i've recently bought an is200 sport, first thing i have done is bought a double din head unit.

im looking for some help with the wiring... i have the bypass cable for the amp and i have unplugged both connections in the back of the amp? the i plugged the larger one of the two into the bypass cable.

all good so far apart from i have no idea where to get the power for the head unit from?

i need it so that the stereo only comes on with ignition, where can i get power source?

thanks in advance :)

Hi, did your lead look the same as this?

CT51-LX01.jpg

If it does the your power for your new head unit will be fed by one of the 2 ios ends, the other is for the speakers.

if your lead did not look that this then thats where your problems lie.

In the pic you can see the two ends of the iso cable, one feeds your head unit sound and the other feeds it power.

What head unit do you have that your trying to fit, does it not end in iso plugs?

If it does then its just a case of connecting the males to the females.

its a pioneer headunit, yer they both fit but it doesnt supply any power... do you happen to know why the electric mirrors and clock have stopped working??? would it just be a fuse??

Sounds like you've not plugged it in all the way onto the amp!

As for the mirrors and clock, there on different fuses, so doubt you've popped both but i'd just double check them all.

okay today there was a breakthrough and i got it all fixed, turns out the 20a radio fuse under the bonnet had blown :( apparently that makes the clock and mirrors work too? anyway only problem i have now is that my clock is constantly on... i think this is a common problem with after market stereos since i remember reading about it somewhere else? anyway to fix this???

I have an after market stereo but my clock works as it should, try undoing the amp end of the cable starting the car a few times, then refit the cable with the car off, if that doesnt fix it try with the car ign on (acc).

I also have an after market radio and the clock also works with no problems, You shouldn't have that much problems with the cable, its a fairly straight forward pug and play kit, hardest part i found was getting the plugs out from the back of the amp with my big fat hands lol.

First of all, do you have a sat nav built in?? If so, then there is more work to do - get ready for this! (Hence your clock is on constantly plus your sat nav if you hear carefully to it!)

The harness bypass cable - if its the Halfords supplier then the IGN wire was not wired in correctly at the manufactory - again some work required but not a major one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links