Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Other Cars Would / Did You Consider?

I get the children in the Lexus but it is not great, fine for a short trip but we have a family car that is much easier to use. The jag would be a better for sure if you need the space.

I was initially looking for a C63, just for the epic engine alone, but as with a few of the previous posts, the ISF equals what the Germans have to offer but with Japanese reliability. Still... one day I intend the get myself the 6.2 AMG, maybe in a CLK Black :P

Obviously the E92 M3 and E60 M5 are options, and though I try to see the appeal, I just can't see myself driving one. Not to mention I wouldn't trust any BMW engine that wasn't a straight 6 petrol... too many horror stories

I had considered an Evo X, as they look quite nice and have silly performance, but I can't get past the dullest engine note known to man. The Impreza STi hatch was also another consideration, as it looks a bit more grown up, but I wanted something a little more mature.

The Jag XFR has been mentioned a few times, but the XJ, particularly the SuperSport, is a much, much better looking car with similar performance and dynamics, and class the MB S-Class couldn't hope to match. And the LWB is absolutley beautiful; It's what I imagine Dracula would roll in.

One other car that I had considered, very briefly, was the Maserati Quattroporte. Not bad money at all, and beautiful cars.

The reliability isn't as bad you'd initially think, apparently... but the thing thing that made me wince was a combined MPG of 18!

Same. I've got 2 kids, both boys. Ones 16, the other is 10.

No issues with rear seats or legroom for either of them.

Blooming luxury compared to when I shoe horned them into the back seats of my Supra! ;) lol.

Behind my wife it is fine. I on the other hand am 6 foot 2 and it won't fit behind me. I also have fabric under the seat to limit leather wear.

If we only need one child seat it's all good. Depends on timing of next sprog.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links