Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weird! Need Help :-(

Morning All,

So woke up this morning, and went to take our dogs for a walk as per the norm.

As I walk past the car, I noticed the drivers side window was down. That's odd!

I looked more closely and all 4 windows were down?! :-(

Went back in for the keys and put them back up, but no idea how it happened?! Don't think the fob can do this can it?

Luckily it wasn't lashing down with strong winds like other mornings, as my interior would have been soaked!!!

Any ideas or suggestions? Bit of a worry when I'm at work all day! :(

Peter

On my GS, If you press and hold the unlock button, all windows will go down (likewise, press and hold lock, all open windows will close). Maybe the ISF has a similar feature and loose change or other keys pressed the buttons in your pocket?

Spot on Rick. :)

Looking at some other posts on the US forum, seems the unlock button on the fob is programmed to open all of the windows if held down for a few seconds.

Guessing mine must have done this when it was in my pocket! :(

Now that I know, will try being more careful with putting other things in the same pocket that could accidentally trigger the function.

You can apparently get your dealership to de-activate the function. May decide to do this when it goes in for the next service.

Not like we get mega hot weather that warrants venting the car before driving that often! ;)

Thanks anyway guys. :)

Yep all lines up fine. The US cars only have the panic button. Jap version keys of the ISF is the same as UK. Unlock, lock buttons and the smaller boot release.

Comes in an offical case with certificate etc.

Called Lexus in Japan mate and they did everything. Paid over the phone and got them delivered to the Japanese office for the company i work for. Then a friend i work with brought them over when he was visting.

Fully enclosed and officially designed for the ISF as you can see.

Tell you now, they are not cheap.......

Don't suppose you have a part number on either the glove itself, or the paperwork they sent you?

Would make it easier to find in Japan if we could give them the part number.

I'm thinking Whifbitz have a few buyers in Japan that could probably source these for us if there was enough interest? Failing that, I have a friend who's wife is from Japan, and they/their family travel back and forth to the UK quite a lot. Could probably ask her to source them for us, and we would need to pay for them?

Thinking they may be around £80-100 a piece from what I found on the US forum.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links