Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430 2007 Condensation Problem

fastandfurious

Hi and a happy new year to all.

For the last couple of winters when I have owned my beloved SC430, I get heavy condensation on the inside of the windows.

The car isn't used that regularly - maybe once every 10 days or so and there are no obvious leak signs or damp smells anywhere that I can see.

I dry it out, drive it and get it lovely warm a clear of all condensation - yet the same night or the next day it is back again

Anybody suffer this problem and have a solution.

Some general web surfing suggests that the aircon water outlets may be choked up - no idea at all where these would be.

Tony

hi

I had this problem about a month ago what I did was to warm up the car to full 30 degrees then clean the windows with professional glass cleaner and dry with blue roll ,I have also put these crystals in the boot and under the front to seats which soak up the damp (you can buy them from those pound shops)

so far this has worked so im happy ,

• Like 1

Keeping the AC on all the time seems to help, not only does it cool the air but also remove moisture from it therefore keeping the condensation problem to a minimum.

With the car standing for long periods it does make the problem worse.

You could also try some packets of silica gel in the car to absorb moisture,dry them out in the airing cuboard and reuse.

• Like 1

I get exactly the same when I leave the car outside in the rain, no problems under cover. I was thinking the door window rubbers were leaking as there is a water noise as I pull off. Was planning to look at this in the summer!

• Like 1

Hi Tony,

I have this problem also in my 2002 car. Have noticed slight mould on rear seat and damp boot area so maybe mine is worse. Obviously in my case there must be water getting in (perished rubber trim possibly) . If you have a damp/wet area you will get condensation after leaving a warm car after use. Like Paul G I will check it out in summer. Like the idea of the crystals etc.

• Like 1

think i found the problem here

after a damp or wet night,get inside and look at the roof hinge,its metal and they get so cold they are covered in condensation

we need some sort of cover for them in the winter

i will make one and report back

• Like 1

Hi Paul, Tony and Richard,

Thanks for your posts - always great to hear from other enthusiasts.

Bought one of the Unibond Aero 360 Pure moisture absorbers and so far seems to at least have an effect - currently available from Wilkos at half price. Will let you know if it has a long term effect.

when there is a dry day - when!!!! - I will check the rest of the car over, though with so many seals who knows what will be found. With the condensation on the inside of the window when its wound down is one I will give special attention to as of course with condensation on the inside in the first place you wouldn't notice it - well spotted that man!

Happy motoring to you all - haven't seen another 430 for over 3 months now - are we a dying breed?

Spotted a late model in central London last week, but you're right not many around now. I will probably try some crystals, as my garage space has now been given to my classic, so the SC is spending more time outside, which is not ideal :(

• Like 1

The moisture absorber has now been in the car for 2 weeks and when I drove it yesterday - no more heavy condensation on the inside of the windows - but about 1/4" of water in the absorber pot - fingers crossed, this might be the solution - but will still check the seals all round when the weather permits - still no further forward on where the aircon water drain tubes are located.

The moisture absorber has now been in the car for 2 weeks and when I drove it yesterday - no more heavy condensation on the inside of the windows - but about 1/4" of water in the absorber pot - fingers crossed, this might be the solution - but will still check the seals all round when the weather permits - still no further forward on where the aircon water drain tubes are located.

Yes the water has to be coming rom somewhere. That needs stopping and absorbing it is just symptomatic..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links