Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Wrx Looks A Bit Like A 1St Gen Is. Nice

petayV8

I can't see any current scoob owners wanting this. They have taken all the character and aggressive styling out of the car. It looks like a normal ish car now. More evo like to be honest. Interior is ok though. Just seems to be aimed at a different market to the older model.

Don't like it.

yeh front end looks a bit gen 1 IS'ish/ Volvo'ish . I don't care for looks tho but these things are one fast car...I want one lol..check out the previous gen doing a lap round Isle of Man.. now tell me you would have much fun in a 458 Ferrari compared to this animal proper drivers car!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG9_Ue4A

yeah sorry guys was looking at my IS200 this morning and was thinking, maybe a bit of a stretch to say that lol it just reminded me of it is all, with its grill and lights in similar places and its compact saloon shape.

Since opinions are floating about ill add mine. for me the WRX isnt a car i could live with until i saw this one. Its always been very basic and built for speed and lightness which is fair enough if you use it for the weekends. ive always respected the WRX for been AWD though, only Audi's can compete with that and im not a fan of them. plus tired of seeing fast cars that are FWD on the road. but i like a car thats fast and a nice place to be at the same time. (no im not saying my IS200 is fast!) always had a soft spot for AMG mercs.

yeah sorry guys was looking at my IS200 this morning and was thinking, maybe a bit of a stretch to say that lol it just reminded me of it is all, with its grill and lights in similar places and its compact saloon shape.

Since opinions are floating about ill add mine. for me the WRX isnt a car i could live with until i saw this one. Its always been very basic and built for speed and lightness which is fair enough if you use it for the weekends. ive always respected the WRX for been AWD though, only Audi's can compete with that and im not a fan of them. plus tired of seeing fast cars that are FWD on the road. but i like a car thats fast and a nice place to be at the same time. (no im not saying my IS200 is fast!) always had a soft spot for AMG mercs.

This is exactly why I think the current owners won't like it and the issue will then be the market they seem to be shooting for will buy an m3, s4, isf etc

Also the market it seems to be targeting just won't like it IMO as it will never shake the 'chav' image.

yeh WRX's and STI's looked soo basic with not a touch of Luxury to them...well they were not meant to pamper thier drivers to begin with lol but this new model looks really 'up market' compared to the interior Subaru usually goes for except thier Legacy models which are more refined/luxury. here's a more detailed vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHBZX7ZAWfU

oh and thier Symetrical all wheel drive is tested to be better than that of VW/Audi's 4Motion/quattro systems..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OzK-oRPCbs

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links