Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi,

I have a 2006 GS450h which I have owned from new. Recenlty I have been having problems with unlocking the car as I could hear the door mechanism cycling several times when I tried to unlock it. Eventually I tracked it down to the right rear passenger door which refuses all attempts to unlock it. I assume it's a mechanical problem as I can hear the door motor trying to unlock, but how do I open the door to get at it??

Is it possible to gain access to the lock and manually open the door?

Help!

Pat

I had a similar problem awhile ago but was drivers door (deadlocked) wouldn't open with key or fob or handle.... I couldn't access door lock without breaking things and as door card was going to be £2200 (yes just the door card) I decided to take to Toyota garage (used to be lexus Aberdeen) they tried everything ie key, fob ,computer entry but to no avail.... The door lock had broke and seized at mechanism .... They carefully removed outside door handle and made a tool up to reach lock then smashed lock up to gain entry.... Luckily only a little bit of trim was damaged but was replaced..... Because they had to smash lock up they couldn't diagnose what had originally went wrong with it..... Even spoke to lexus GB and lock sent to them but no conclusion as to why this had happened as had never happened before on a lexus........ Cost me £625 for parts and labour.... .. Not what you want to hear...sorry

Thanks, I was afraid that it would be something like that. I was hoping that there was some hidden lever that would manually unlock it, but I am booked into the local Lexus dealer for a quote. However, I suspect that I will just have to live with it.

• 1 month later...

Just to update you, Lexus were able to remove the door card and replace the lock. Total cost was €380 or about £320, so not as bad as I had expected.

Pat

I agree, it's a 2006 car with only 49,000 miles on the clock. What I was told was that there were stripped teeth on one of the gears in the mechanism. Lexus have been good about replacing other bits such as rear brake calipers and an oil seal which were out of warranty, but they were not willing to do anything this time for me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links