Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450H Powdered Tailgate Open With Button

Nah!...........But my 12 bore has more range than the length of my drive :shifty:

We still talking golf?

Haha.....well if we were it'd be bloody good going!

Then again it probably has, I am crap at golf...........

Flying off topic Boxbrownie, just waiting for my shotgun licence to arrive to go and collect my first shotgun, you shoot clays or live?

Live, on my daughters farm............pesky vermin and tasty birds :winky:

Flying off topic Boxbrownie, just waiting for my shotgun licence to arrive to go and collect my first shotgun, you shoot clays or live?

Live, on my daughters farm............pesky vermin and tasty birds :winky:

Sounds like Magaluf, does that

There is a new car on the market (can't remember which, sorry, where you can just wiggle your foot under the rear bumper to activate the opening of the tailgate. Now that's making the most of the keyless entry. Let's hope it gets adopoted by other manufacturers.

You listening Lexus?... ;-)

That was the Ford Kuga..........I believe now BMW have rushed out the feature also..........MB next, then maybe Lexus? :flowers:

Except its slightly stupid. Try carrying a 50kg box and wiggling a leg under the bonnet. And it does take some serious wiggling + it takes a while to open the tailgate! I dont even get the key out of my pocket, just hold the button while its in the pocket!

I have tried it, it was tested and a whole panel of employees gave thier views on the system a long time before production and if your walking up to the car with both hands full of shopping bags (50KGs? not sure where you go shopping? :lol: ) and its raining/dark/strange car park whatever just waggling your foot under the rear bumper works just fine, trust me it does!

BTW maybe your problem was wiggling your leg under the bonnet when it should have been the boot? :whistling: :winky:

And how do you press the button in your pocket while carrying 50kg in both hands.......maybe we shouldn't ask....hidden talents eh? :wacko:

I meant the boot. I carry 50k with one hand and a shoulder :D a bit like Schwarzenegger in Commando!

• 1 month later...

There is a new car on the market (can't remember which, sorry, where you can just wiggle your foot under the rear bumper to activate the opening of the tailgate. Now that's making the most of the keyless entry. Let's hope it gets adopoted by other manufacturers.

You listening Lexus?... ;-)

New BMW's started it. But I think Audi do it on the new Avants too - cool gimmick though :0)

"open the boot Lexus", or words to that effect, is my hoped-for solution to this problem -- whether I am inside or outside my Lexus.

I would also like to be able to customise the command to prevent other jokers from pulling a fast one.

The SIRI function In my iPad shows how competent voice recognition can be.

• 2 years later...

If the car is locked at the time, try unlocking it with TWO clicks of the button on the key fob before holding the lock /unlock button down. The reason why you can unlock it manually is because it senses your hand in the same way as the sensor on the front door handles.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links