Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Independent Garage For Lexus Service?

Hi All,

I thought I would start this thread so that people can compare prices for the Best Independent Garage for Lexus Servicing in London and other parts of the country.

This will be handy for all if you do not have a service plan with Lexus like me and want to maintain your Lexus, so please recommend any good garages and also prices for regular bits that need changing like oil/filter/pads etc.

I have been recommended the following garage but decided not to use them as this price seemed very high to me although they use Lexus parts...what do you think? and do you know of any other garages?

Albin B Motors LTD, London SE26 5AZ

Car: Lexus IS250

Oil Service with Filter = £176.00

Full Service inc Spark plugs (to be changed every 60,000 miles) = £550.00

Replace Front brake pads = £157.90

Replace Rear brake pads = £130.04

Make sure you check with the dealer. They have substantial discounts for cars older than 5 years. In the past one year Lexus Croydon have twice given me a cheaper quote than Albin B Motors.

• Like 1

I got rear pads from Lexus Birmingham on eBay and paid local garage £20 to fit them...

LOL @ £130.04 from Albin B Motors

Oil Service £176 is madness!!!

Has anyone used National Tyres and Autocare Centre as they charge around £60 for oil change including filter? Their website allows you to put in your reg and gives you an instant price

Those prices are ridiculous - cant these be done yourself?

I have recently done all this work ...

oil change with filter costs £40 doing yourself with OEM parts (you need a special tool for the filter if you don't have one) and you are doing this knowing what oil is going in (Magnatec 5/30) - include £7 for an engine flush and you are still quids in !

spark plugs £80 - time consuming job but definitely not £550 worth

front brake pads and discs (brembo) £120 doing it yourself - takes approx. half hour per side

rear brake pads £30 doing it yourself - takes approx. 15 mins per side.

Beauty about doing the brakes yourself is that you can check and grease the slide pins which I believe is not included in any service schedule which will save you a lot of money in the long run replacing seized calipers.

I think doing jobs like these yourself gives you an understanding of the car ...

Only problem you have in doing it yourself is that you get your hands dirty.

Those prices are ridiculous - cant these be done yourself?

I have recently done all this work ...

oil change with filter costs £40 doing yourself with OEM parts (you need a special tool for the filter if you don't have one) and you are doing this knowing what oil is going in (Magnatec 5/30) - include £7 for an engine flush and you are still quids in !

spark plugs £80 - time consuming job but definitely not £550 worth

front brake pads and discs (brembo) £120 doing it yourself - takes approx. half hour per side

rear brake pads £30 doing it yourself - takes approx. 15 mins per side.

Beauty about doing the brakes yourself is that you can check and grease the slide pins which I believe is not included in any service schedule which will save you a lot of money in the long run replacing seized calipers.

I think doing jobs like these yourself gives you an understanding of the car ...

Only problem you have in doing it yourself is that you get your hands dirty.

Thanks Noo,

I have always wanted to service my car as I believe it will give me great satisfaction knowing no corners have been cut. But afraid if I mess things up especially the brakes, but I guess lots of vids on eBay.

Anyways I have found a place called http://www.pitstartgarage.com they have 20 bays which can be hired for £10 per hour and they supply all the tools free...you just do your thing and pay...if you get stuck then they have mechanics who can help for £50 per hour.

Will defo wait for better weather and will start by an oil change....if I get stuck then will shout Exdee!!! LOL (we did our folding mirror mod together)

Doing the work is easy but I guess if you are doing it for the first time its a bit "scary"

I started on my is200 - the car is easy to work on for the most part - spark plugs were a bit fiddly just beacause of where they are situated.

I have bought the folding mirror mod but with the weather as it is I haven't had the time to fit it yet. Think it will be worth it though.

Hiring of the bays is a good idea .... nothing like that round here though.

I have bought the folding mirror mod but with the weather as it is I haven't had the time to fit it yet. Think it will be worth it though.

Yeah you will love the folding mirror mod also it is quite easy to do if you take your time doing it. There is a thread here somewhere...

Yeah I think the hiring bay is the first of its kind in the UK, Pit Start are open 7 days a week 24 hours a day!!!

I didn't realize the oil change was that cheap! Certainly something I would like to try myself when the car is due for service again.

I did replace the pads and discs on all 4 corners a few months ago (also adjusted the hand brake). It was a great experience and I am much more confident about servicing such items myself. The only issue for me was the lack of proper tools for the job so the rented bay with tools sounds like a very good idea to me.

Hi Exdee

Yeah the rented bay is a good idea, they are based is Park Royal and open 7 days a week 24 hours a day.

Can the foot brake be adjusted without going down under the car...I mean apply foot brake and do the and that from inside the cabin?

PM me when you plan to do the oil change and I might pop over...Thanks

Hey man,

I adjusted the handbrake using the adjuster on the drum which can be accessed by removing the rear wheels. Adjusting the handbrake cable might be an easier option if you know where the adjusters are that is.

Re oil change, I probably have a good 7-8 months to go but I might do it early. I'll definitely be in touch when I do it.

I have used Toyoda Tech in south Hampshire a couple of times since I got my IS250, and my experience is very positive. Stuart there is on the ball, efficient, polite and their pickup/delivery service is second to none. I also like that when they are really good at keeping me informed. I have affiliation to them, just a happy customer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links