Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Parking Lights

OK - How do I put on a parking light - 1 side only?

The Audi and VW's you just leave the indicator on the side you want lit and turn off the ignition. Tried this tonight on the 300 and gave up..

Any ideas?

Also - the blue tooth dumped my Iphone 5 today for no reason, so I resorted back to the USB and noticed the quality was much better, so that's the end of the blue tooth music experiment.

> 400 miles up to Liverpool and back tomorrow..

hmm thats interesting.. ive had the opposite problem.. Iphone 5 just doesn't seem that responsive on USB and works much better on blue tooth..

perhaps i'll play with it some more as i've got the day at home tomorrow so can spend some quality time playing with all the gadgets.. :-)

i haven't tried to find parking lights so i also look forward to that feature being explained..

With the Bluetooth don't forget to enable the show notifications on the Iphone, otherwise texts won't come through. The Iphone doesn't seem to support e mail so that won't come through the car. The Bluetooth/iPhone set up does appear to be a little problematic at present. It kept dropping the favourites in the car, I had the latest software update and so far it seems ok, but a tad early to be sure.

I've no idea about the parking light.

The album images only come through via USB too, it's just that I prefer to cycle the Battery rather than leave it cooking all the time.

Is there a way to operate the windows from the key fob (like Audi etc where press & hold of the open/shut button operates all windows)?

Yes I know RTFM....

According to page 136 of the manual you can customise the key fob to close and open windows by holding the lock and unlock buttons... but... it needs to be customised by the dealer so not sure if its done by default or if you'll have to go to the dealer.

i'll try mine tomorrow in the daylight and if its not pee'ing down

Global Opening needs to be turned on by the dealer. Because of this post I checked mine as all my previous IS's had it, it's really useful in the summer when???? It gets hot to open the windows as you are walking up to the car. Anyway having mine turned on Monday.

Bobby

It was on all previous 3 IS SE's of mine, but I remember now I did have to ask for it to be switched on when the car was new. Apparently I was told a long time ago that it is not activated unless you ask as they had a few instances of keys fobs being put down in the house, something was put on top of the fob or whatever and in the morning the owners found the front windows down after it had been raining all night. Global opening only operates the front windows.

There will be no charge for me but you wIll have to ask.

Global Opening needs to be turned on by the dealer. Because of this post I checked mine as all my previous IS's had it, it's really useful in the summer when???? It gets hot to open the windows as you are walking up to the car. Anyway having mine turned on Monday.Is

Is this something you have to pay for or do they do it for free?

'Global Opening' was initially set as ON as default on the earlier 2IS models, but was set to OFF as default on later models. This was due to people finding all of their windows open on returning to their cars as the unlock button on their fob had been pressed accidentally. Not good in general, but a disaster if it had been raining.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links