Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ecu Map Available In The States

Check out the US forum. Looks like a company is working on developing a map. An isf with headers, cat bact and intake gained 20 ish HP with the map.

If this truly works be interesting to see what gains a stock ISF makes. Could be far cheaper than headers, exhaust etc for those who just want a bit more BHP.

Doubt we will ever have this over here though :(

Stu

To be honest though, with this car, much like my Z, it is an almost impossible NA engine to tune, parts are stupidly expensive and results are pretty small unless you go FI, which I both cars is ridiculously expensive as the compression in the engines wasn't built for that, so you need to go all out on a rebuild. To do the Z properly it would have been £20k for good numbers and it still would have only got close to the Fs performance figures. I hate to think what it would cost to go FI in the F. But with 420bhp on tap anyway and being faster than pretty much anything non exotic on the road, I don't see the point. I like what you have done for noise and that is as far as I would probably go with this car.

With the Z I think I threw nearly £4k at bolt on's and the UpRev and it took the car from 276bhp stock to 305bhp. Hardly worth it really with the power we have as stock in the F. False Economy.

The best money I spent on the Z and like most people say, was on TEIN suspension, bigger brake discs and better pads!

I agree. Was talking to a chap about his next car the other day and to get sub 4 second to 60 you are looking at 90k for new cars and 911's, lambos, Ferraris etc. The M5 and the like have big BHP but being heavy are all just over 4 seconds to 60.

There is very little on the roads that can compete with the ISF so i am content. This is one car i will not be chasing power stats with.

If i want sub 4 seconds i just hop on my GSXR 750!

The ISF wasn't designed to chase bigger HP. The simple fact is Yamaha have already squeezed out pretty much all of the extra performance available from the engine.

If I was still looking to chase big HP figures, I would have spent the £20K on a single turbo Supra pushing out anything up to 800HP!

The ISF isn't a car you can tune on the cheap unfortunately. My intention is to only do the exhaust (got the same Takeda intake fitted as Stu), and maybe the headers. The company that sells the headers (PPE), and the US forum suggest a gain of up to 46whp without cats (33whp with high flow cats). Not sure how they only got 20HP with intake, exhaust, headers and a map?! Seems low to me.

The other areas I intend to focus on are: suspension - going for the KW version 3's that the US rave about, brakes - will stick with the brembo discs for now, but want to try the soon to be released full set of Hawk ceramic pads, interior - Going to have the silver fake carbon trim re-finished in real carbon, and a couple of bits painted in body colour. Will also have the engine cover painted in body colour to match. That awful rear centre armrest is also being re-finished in carbon.

I'm half way through fitting the Apexi throttle controller (got good reviews from the US folks), but will be getting a proper auto electrician to wire in the reverse cut-off (don't think anyone in the States bothered, even though it states in the installation guide it does affect the functionality of the unit!).

The alloys are going to change to the 20' Ace Mesh-7's with a full set of Vredestein tires (show me one other ISF in the UK with non-OEM alloys!). These are not only bigger, better looking (my opinion!), but weigh less than the OEM alloys. At under £1K (provided I can bring them back on the plane! Lol), they are really nice.

I've got some paintwork I'd like tidied up (showed Stu the chipped doors from the last owner!), but other than that, no plans at the moment! ;)

The HP game is best played with something that is FI to begin with. The Supra is a perfect candidate for chasing big numbers, as it was de-tuned to meet the gentlemen's agreement in Japan (cars were under 300HP), but had the 2JZ-GTE block, that can handle double the power and more, with stock internals!

The fact is it will never be as refined, comfortable, practical, or exclusive as an ISF though.

Agreed. Do we really need more than 420BHP!!!!! Jokers. THe bugger already goes to 60 in under 4.5 seconds.

Concentrating on visual and sound mods is the way to go with this car imo.

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links