Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Car Won't Start ;(

Hi guys the last time I drive my car was on Saturday and it's now 4 days later I went into my car to find it not start.

All the lights come on, door lock, windows open, steering unlocks but the car doesn't start.

I get the green start light but when I press it the only thing that happens is fast ticking. I have checked under the bonnet and loosens the negative and positive terminals then put them back on but still no luck.

Can someone pls help!!! What can I try next...is there some sort if fuse I should check..ifso where.

Thank you

Do I need a new Battery? Please Clancy suggestions.

Second it's the Battery.

Just cos everything lights up could still mean Battery is low voltage. If the Battery is below 9v (which would still be enough to unlock the car and for everything to light up) it will not crank as it simply doesn't have enough power.

Hi guys thank you for your fast replies, sorry I don't have a voltage checker, just got a taxi back home.

This indicator light you are talking about, I could not see. Is it an actual light or just a level checker. I have the original black Toyota Battery.

Can someone recommend a good Battery please so I can buy tomorrow. I have checked on Euro Car Parts with my reg: S15AKU and it shows two brands i don't recognize.

Thank you.

Hi Guys

Wow...its quite difficult these days buying a Battery as I have found. Most places have their own label on so you don't know who the manufacturer is.

I have found a couple ranging between £75 - £100.

Can I just ask a quick question....My current Battery is 70AH but when I search with my registration I get lots of 60AH - Should I not bother what the rating is, or does it make a big difference?

Thank you

AH is the curent a Battery can supply so 70AH means it can deliver 70 Amps for 1 hour, this is not of much use in normal operation but the higher the AH the longer the Battery charge will last.

If for example you left your interior lights on accidentally and these draw 2 Amps this would mean the Battery would be flat in 35 hours for a 70AH Battery and only 30 hours on the 60 AH Battery (ignoring any other parasitic current draw for alarm systems etc)

The main consideration is the CCA of the Battery this is the indication of how much current the Battery can supply for a short period when starting the engine,the higher the figure the more you have available.

As mentioned Lexus/Toyota batteries are very good and generally cheaper than other brands or sources.

Hi Dave,

The instrument cluster comes on then cuts out half way - so I don't get to see the dials go up and down the MPG and REV counter as normal.

Every time I press the start button I get a fast tapping sound and hear the engine trying to start but cant :(

All my interior lights are on, the sat nav comes on, the doors open.

Lexus have quoted £89 so I might just get it from them....as its a bit too much for me looking at different sizes, terminals, models!!! - Unless someone can suggest a cheaper direct replacement.

Thank you

Higher the amp better cranking power for 89 its cheaper then halfords get it from Lexus 9out of 10 its sounds like battery can u check water in it??????

Thanks Ahmed.

I will just purchase this one from Woodford Lexus and see how I get on.

Your right its cheaper than most places plus I know if its not right then I can take it back.

Looking for batteries all morning at work LOL :innocent:

Hi All,

So I have reserved a Battery to collect at Lexus Woodford this evening. I asked the parts team for the spec but he said the system does not give that information but the Battery should 100% do the job. as it is what's coming up on the system. (I just wanted to confirm the AH and CCA)

Its that Lexus just being Lexus!!!

Called another Lexus Dealer to see if they will give me any details.

She said "we have no details on the Battery but can tell you its the correct one for your car - These batteries we sell are OPTI batteries which is not the same or as expensive as then ones that come from the factory but will do the job :unsure:

I said that I have a part no: 28800-YZZJC from the existing Battery - She said no this will confuse you as they will not be the same as to what we sell.

Wow so difficult to get a Battery I did not know.

Will just pick it up from Lexus anyway and will let know how I get on.

Hi Ahmed, just picked up the Battery £89 they give 3 year warranty.

Guess what there was a big sticker on the package that states model number, spec etc.

Any way it's exactly the same as what I have, I took a photo with me. It's the Toyota 28800-YZZJC

Have u put on car yet?????

Hi Ahmed & All,

Guess what...vrrooom vrrooommm!!!!! It's was the Battery. Just fitted new one and all working now. Was struggling at first but then second time it started no problems...injectors started singing and dancing.

Man I dropped my Iphone in the engine bay then all hell went loose...thank god the light was on so I was able to see it from under the car, but still took me 1 hour to get it out..LOL

Thank you all for your help....also if anyone needs a Battery then I suggest you buy from the dealer as it was not that expensive to what I have found when researching.

Before you invest in a new Battery, check that the Battery connections are clean and firm. If they are not forming a good connection, you can often get enough power through them to, say, light instruments or interior lights but not enough to start the car, which places a much heavier load on the Battery. Corrosion at the connections is a possible consequence of all the damp weather we have been having lately. However, before you disconnect the Battery, check in your owners manual that this will not then require any reprogramming - with some cars it is a no-no to disconnect the Battery but I am not sure if this also applies to an IS. Nevertheless, as others have suggested, a flat Battery remains the most likely cause of your problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links