Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Productive Day! :-)

So I managed to complete the install of my Apexi throttle controller. The button fits perfectly into the blank beside the headlight washer switch. Looks OEM:

79822053ed0d8fa0fec6ad86a7035ae3_zps7c0d

686ea90d0bfce9e79cecc78ff167802a_zps7ecb

Very easy to install provided you get the specific IS-F harness as well as the controller.

Red mode is lighting quick! Tried sport mode and red throttle mode together! WOW!!! ;)

Also got my LED sidelights installed. Looks awesome compared to stock. Pig of a job mind! ;)

Here's just with sidelights:

b24837201c2b2f9adec0db00a6d6459d_zps162e

Now sides and dipped main beam:

b9e0bc6576048ecac6c7fd0c06cbffd1_zps4c03

Drivers side:

cda148a60b8ebf222c7a5a5be0659f59_zps7015

Passenger side:

995671c312d8fbdd16f1cc10ff365079_zps9170

Need to see them in person to get the full effect really.

Just full beam to do now!! ;)

Pleased with my progress though. Not a bad days work!

Cheers.

Pete :)

Forget to say guys, took my spare engine cover to my paint guy in Strood this morning. He's re spraying it in body colour for £60. Will post pictures when I pick it up next weekend. :)

Good news is if anyone wants their engine cover in body colour, I'll have my spare that can be painted up to save you not having one on your car?

Repainting my roof, front and rear bumpers, door edges and boot is £700. Thought that was pretty reasonable for what's involved (a weeks work they reckon).

Cheers.

Pete :)

Front bumper is stone chipped to hell, door edges are chewed up from careless passengers opening them onto brick walls or similar, roof has spots where the lacquer has been damaged. They think it could be a grit lorry that the last owner sat behind whilst it pelted the hell out of it! :(

Boot is scratched and scuffed from badly loaded shopping bags and luggage at a guess! :(

Had a Chinese woman as it's only other private owner. Guessing hubby was a mega rich banker that thought a 5-litre V8 was the perfect car for the wife to do her shopping and school runs!!!! ;)

Front bumper is stone chipped to hell, door edges are chewed up from careless passengers opening them onto brick walls or similar, roof has spots where the lacquer has been damaged. They think it could be a grit lorry that the last owner sat behind whilst it pelted the hell out of it! :(

Boot is scratched and scuffed from badly loaded shopping bags and luggage at a guess! :(

Had a Chinese woman as it's only other private owner. Guessing hubby was a mega rich banker that thought a 5-litre V8 was the perfect car for the wife to do her shopping and school runs!!!! ;)

That's a shame mate but it makes it a hobby and a challenge making it mint again .

Looks well in the photo though .

It's a shame for the car for sure David. I'll get it looking A1 again soon though mate.

It's not overly noticeable to the untrained eye, but having washed and polished it as often as I do (at least once a week since December! Lol.), you know the marks are there.

It'll be mint once the guys at Darnley Auto Works in Strood are finished with it. They do awesome work. Seen Ferrari's, Aston's, Lambo's in there over the years. Rob and his Dad are really good at what they do. Done loads of show cars over the years. :)

Yeh I'm sure you'll get it mint .im working on mine slowly when I gave time to do the same .

By the way I was looking at your car pics and your front wheels want swapped over .one side to the other .the blades are the wrong direction ,should be the same as your back wheels unless you've already done them mate

Really?! :(

Hadn't noticed that mate. Guessing tires are going to need swapping over as well in that case??

Bummer!! :(

If there rotational yeh but chances are they won't be .mine arnt so I swapped the wheels straight over no probs .

What tyres have u got on .mines the bridgestones .

All done David. :)

Thanks for the keen spot! Hadn't noticed obviously! ;)

Took it back to the same Kwik Fit in a Strood that did the nitrogen for me. They weren't going to charge me anything to swap them over, but chucked them a tenner for an after work pint! :)

All in all a productive weekend for the F. :)

So had another good day on the car. :)

In addition to a good clean and polish, I picked up and fitted my newly painted engine cover.

Here's how it looked before:

af2a1b88962033a6dbe5ae0dfb092d11_zps20a9

And here's how it looks now:

afe0a23ac4575fe5f87e59b6ed82ce80_zps765b

ccfc2b57cae9859065102df980cc5173_zps0d94

9d7e7a84187006a02e0f9ce3193ec7fb_zpsd862

e859f4d9f258fb0196bceff0106cfc9f_zps301b

Pleased isn't the word! ;)

Looks sooo much better!!

That looks shweeeet!!!

Is that the same colour as your car?

Yes mate. :)

Paint job is spot on in terms of colour match etc.

They can paint them pretty much any colour you like.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links