Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200. Key Remote.

For the third time in as many months, the key fob remote refuses to work with my car. This results in a trip to my local lexus, to have the keys "re-programmed". had an estimate of £470.00 inc v.a.t to replace the receiver. two questions.

1. Is this the usual price for a job of this nature?

2. If I bought the receiver unit from a dealer in the U.S, would it be cheaper and more impotantly,would it work?

Any advice would be helpful.

Welcome to the club Marke. :)

Firstly, I'm not 100% sure of the price, but I do know it is expensive to have your reciever system replaced/reprogrammed. Chris Shipley may be able to verufy this for you.

Secondly, I don't think the US systems will work or as a matter of fact be any cheaper, however, by joining our GOLD membership scheme for £25, you could save at least 10% off that price....

Just a thought.......

Good luck.

Zee. ;)

why was the reciever not working, was it only not working in certain areas ie intermittantly

for example

if you go to the trafford centre you will be stuffed the radio system used disables the alarm try parking next to debenhams and locking your car it dont happen

obviously if is your house that screws it up i dunno

just a thought

it's happened in 3 different locations. I think it must be a faulty receiver. The second time i took it to Lexus, the service guy did something which involved switching the internal locking button on and off and inserting the key into the ignition. Obviously, it was not that simple otherwise I would have tried to reset myself. Anyone know how to reset the system in this way. it will come in handy.in case it fails again before i can afford to replace the box?

Thanks

Marke

Mine did this not long ago, had the keys reprogrammed first, that didn't solve it, so i had the unit replaced, but it was under warranty so i have no idea how much it would cost.

Chris Shipley would be the one to talk to about prices etc i think.

Stu :hehe: :P :hehe:

My dads GS had a problem with the alarm, he unplugged the Battery (it had gone flat - seperate issue) charged it, and when he plugged the Battery back in - and followed the instructions about what to do after this, it seemed to have reset it all and was fine.

Maybe this will work on the IS's??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links