Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was just wondering what the concensus was on private number plates on your beloved Lexus?

I've had private plates before but currently not on this car... I am pondering... I know some would say waste of money or makes the owner seem self centred but my opinion is that they can be seen in the same way as any other non-performance mod... ie adding a bit of chrome etc...

Any thoughts? :-P

Each to their own. I've been considering it for a while. Trouble is the one I really want is available at a mere £16,000. Everything else is just second best.

I sold my last Lexus with the private plate still on , not bothered about them , wish I never bought one to be honest .

My last lex was brand new , my plate was 08 . Everyone thought my new car was an 08 ha .

Never again will I buy or transfer plates

No other costs apart from buying the actual physical plates to put on the car.

The bigger pain is when you want to sell the car and keep the plate. Make sure you have transferred it off before advertising the car. Once a new owner has the car, they are not obliged to let you transfer the private plate back off. It can turn in to a time consuming process.

I bought private plates, cheapest 6 character one I could buy. The reason is/was that I want the car I want, I can afford a much newer car, but in my business age of car is stupidly equated by some to success and status. The plates have hidden the age of my car, cheap and effective, simple as that

• 1 month later...

nothing wrong with private plates, just the hassle of transfer when you change your car, used to be easy when the DVLA had local offices now they have closed them all everything goes to Swansea and that takes time....... I used to go to Boreham wood office they did it while I waited about 10 mins, now it takes anything up to a month !!! its what they call progress I believe, that means you cant get rid of you old car till the transfer is complete ,

Allan

I've been waiting a week now and not heard anything from dvla, of course I could have put my plate on retention but that would mean paying an extra £25.00 .....sending my log book off twice ! I know I drive a lexus but it does not mean I'm made of money !!! Plus I'm a tight arse ,lol ,

allan

I bought mine on eBay seller was asking £100.00 so I offered £85.00 which was accepted, seller didn't realise it was another £25.00 for me to be added as nominee and asked me if I would be happy to pay £10.00 towards it.

So for £95.00 I got L40 *** :)

Got mine for nothing on a porche 924 I bought 21 years ago, the plate is now worth approx £900. I sold the car for £250 !!! Mind you it's cost me about £ 360 In transfer fees over the years. Still a good investment I think.

Allan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links