Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all. I don't know why but I have been having this urge lately to change my 2009 GS450h for an LS model. Don't really know why but just fancy the extra refinements with the LS. Problem is I can't even make my mind up between a LS460 or a LS600h. Quite fancy the hybrid as the road tax is obviously considerably less but naturally they seem to be harder to find and are far more expensive than the 460 model. The only 600h models I have seen in a decent price range have 130000 miles on the clock on a 08 plate. Anyway just looking for some advice really as to what you guys would suggest.

Am I just being silly and is it even worth going from my GS450h to a LS460 or 600h? Also which of the LS models would be best? Finally would you consider a LS600h with mileage like 130000-140000 etc or is just madness to think about?? I know Lexus have a rep for going on and on and on but don't know about these hybrids which could be an expensive fix.

Cheers in advance for your help and advice!

Hi gareth

Can't help with the later models as I have a 99 LS 400 (which is a great car). I was wondering what is it that you are dissatisfied with in the GS 450h? I was thinking that when mine gets too long in the tooth, I might go for a GS450h myself.

Hi gareth

Can't help with the later models as I have a 99 LS 400 (which is a great car). I was wondering what is it that you are dissatisfied with in the GS 450h? I was thinking that when mine gets too long in the tooth, I might go for a GS450h myself.

That's the thing, I can't really say I am dissatisfied with the GS450h. Ok I think the LS460 or LS600h is far better looking than my 2009 GS but overall the car is great. Just fancied the flagship model really and the extra refinements that come with it. Just can't decide if it's all worth it or I'm being silly!

Hi Gareth, have just traded my 07 LS460SEL in for a 09 LS600hl.

Now on my fifth LS and every one has been bought simply because I fell in love with that particular car.If we start rationalising every purchase we make, and justifying it, we'd all be driving Fiat Uno's.

My 460 was (is) an immaculate car and I had a great 4 years of ownership. The next owner is gonna get a cracking deal. I tend to think that Lexus, with their wealth of design and engineering experience, would only improve with each model.

Difference between the same spec 460 and 600 is probably about £9k. If you go for a 460 go for a SEL, lots of extra toys, probably a difference of £3k over the basic SE model.

A 6 year old car with 140k miles has probably been gliding up and down the motorways. A Lexus with full service history will just keep going.

Since signing the paperwork this morning all I can think of is Why, Why, Why. As I said, find a car, fall in love with it, sod the consequences, and enjoy.

Graham.

• Like 2

I bought a 7 year old LS460 SEL in December with 130,000 miles on the clock. It runs as smoothly as my last one (bought new) did. I had to spend some money on a few bits including new tyres all round and a leaking rear shock absorber but otherwise, I'm completely happy with my car

I've had my 2007 LS460 since June 2011 so nearly three years. Took me a long while to fall in love with it but I think it gets better with ages. I was interested in a GS but opted for the LS because I'm still not sold on Battery driven cars. When I asked what the Battery costs to replace - after much pushing and finally pining the sales guy down to a clear answer - he said £5K. Nuff said. That's why I like the LS460 though I will perhaps consider the latest model of the 600 when they become cheap enough in a few years time. For comfort and style you can't been the LS. It just has that understated style that blingy Beemers, Mercs and Audis never quite manage. It does everything bar wipe my nose too which makes driving a doddle. The only downside is the tax which next time round will be £500 which is just plain greedy. It is now my only car having sold off the othe two. One was an SC430 which was also a lovely motor but uncomfortable on anything less than pancake smooth surfaces. Miss it though especially now the sun is out. I also had a Jag X-Type 3 litre 4x4 estate which was a great utility motor but paying over a grand a year in road tax for all three cars was just too much to bear in the long run. If I don't find a reasonable facelift 600 next time I'll go for the GS450 which is pretty good. Common sense dictates I should have the RX with three small dogs to cart about but I just don't care for the shape.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links