Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Don't know if posting in right area as I'm a newbie so apologies if it's wrong place.

Just bought myself a 95 plate ls400 which I'm shortly gonna convert to LPG. Just a couple of questions I need help with pls. First is radio works but not lighting up is there a fix? But more importantly need help with cruise control. I switch it on and it lights up on dash, but it doesn't work the light stays on it doesn't flash just doesn't go into cruise control, other posts I've found on Internet say it flashes five times then switches off, mine doesn't it stays lit just doesn't work, any ideas pls would be appreciated. By the way what a fantastic car they are :-)

1. hi the backlight is due to dried up capacitors on the circuit board - if you are good with soldering then you can PM steve and he knows what parts you require. Otherwise a good electrical/audio shop should be able to sort it out. 6 years ago when I had mine done I just took out the audio out and sent it to www.caraudiorepairs in hove who sorted it for £85.
  2. To use the cruise control - you need to switch it on - button end of stalk - hold the stalk down while cruising - let go of gas and then let go of the stalk - hope this helps

Reference the LPG - these cars run very well on LPG with man members running on gas. I would suggest ensuring you have a full mot at the least and also have suspension etc checked out to ensure you are not expecting any big bills after you have put money into convert it.

Hello and welcome to the best kept secret which is the LS400. Please don't brag to friends and relatives how wonderful these cars are how maintenance free they are and when you have the LPG installed how cheap a 4litre V8 is to run so as to make sure there is still a plentiful number of LS400 for those of us who saw the light many years ago.

We are a friendly bunch and there is a wealth of knowledge within the club with members only to happy to help a fellow member.

Mike

Ken, yes, they are great cars. I run mine on LPG and I've not looked back. Go with a recommended outfit for the install. As to the criuse control, this works by first pushing the end of the stalk in (which lights up on the dash), followed by pulling it downwards for a few seconds to engage it. There are more controls on the same stalk i.e. coast, resume, etc. Also, it only works above approx. 30mph.

Cruise control. Check when your car is moving that the gear stick is in the 4 position and also that the gear stick is over to the left of the gate and not over to the right. If it is over to the right the cruise control will not work despite showing on the dash its switched on.

I have had my LS400 for 5 years and only just found this out myself many thanks to Steve club moderator.

Good luck Mike

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links