Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Raced A 458!

So there I am minding my own business filling up the ISF at the garage at the 'ring, when in roars a458. Beautiful thing and owned by a true petrol head, "you goin to Calais", he says, "yep" says I, ill follow you so, he says.

And off we go on a 350 mile blast! Only minutes from the garage and I'm nudging 165mph, he blasts past and later tells me he was at 195mph at that point. Now I'm not gonna say the F is as fast as a 458, but he didn't murder me as much as I thought he would. He couldn't believe the speed from the F either, "fu** me that Lexus can shift", was his reaction and as he also owns an F40, and has had 15 Ferraris, he knows fast cars when he sees them.

A terrible nice guy, lovely missus and what a car! My 3rd tilme at the ring in the F and still amazes me when I do a few laps in it. I have a video of the 458 shooting past, must dig it out and post it.

Cheers Guys, Damo

There was a Ferrari behind me a few days ago. I floored it just for kicks off the lights and he past me effortlessly while my IS200 was whining. gave me some laughs lol.

Ide take a IS-F over a Ferrari any day. never been big on super cars including the sound they make (except the Ford GT)

if he needed upto 195mph in order to pass you proves the IS-F is very fast car.. would have loved to see a Nissan GTR in the mix aswell would have been bye bye to Ferrari.. those Nismo's can really shift past 200mph stock..

I was thinking the same about a gtr. But i think its common knowledgetat a gtr is as fast or faster than most (all?) Super cars. I can think of others vehicles ide like to see in the mix though ;) mainly hot rods, muscle cars even pickup trucks. Ive seen Ferrari get wasted on the strip

I've seen 175mph on mine before having to brake, still pulling strong at this speed so I'm sure another 10-15mph is in there somewhere!

As for the Ferrari thing, I've beaten a mates 360 on the same stretch of road last time I was there even though I had 3 people and a boot full of wine.

I'm sure I could keep with a 430, another mate has a 575 and the difference is small upto around 145mph, he begins to creep away then and stays ahead from there, its the gear box and sport mode together that make the difference in my humble opinion, although a 5 litre engine is a bonus too! Should have the video tomorrow!

Anyway Damo n, good to see you are still going to the ring in your F. Was great to see you there when I was, last April, utterly fantastic place.

It's great to get back Mr.W. plans are already underway for a September return! We always go when the VLN is on in March/April as that's a great way to spend a day in the pits and then do a few laps that evening.

It's great to get back Mr.W. plans are already underway for a September return! We always go when the VLN is on in March/April as that's a great way to spend a day in the pits and then do a few laps that evening.

Do you go through tyres much mate

Not really no. I'm always told by my Tyre guy I'm very easy on tyres! I've the F 2 and a half Years now and I've changed the tyres once. I've put 20k on them and they've way over half thread left.

The ring isn't as hard on tyres as you might think, it has loads of fast flowing turns, which can be taken at high speed and tyre squeal is quite rare for me.

Not really no. I'm always told by my Tyre guy I'm very easy on tyres! I've the F 2 and a half Years now and I've changed the tyres once. I've put 20k on them and they've way over half thread left.

The ring isn't as hard on tyres as you might think, it has loads of fast flowing turns, which can be taken at high speed and tyre squeal is quite rare for me.

Nice to know mate , what's the regulations on driver age etc

Normal road rules apply, so licence/ insurance a must although you arnt asked for it unless you have an off!

I flew over last year with a mate and we took our 8 year old daughters, they'd a great few days. We hired race Suzuki swifts and used helmets and harnesses which made a day of it. All the rules can be found on Nurburgring.de. How about a few ISFs from the uk meeting us there in September?

Normal road rules apply, so licence/ insurance a must although you arnt asked for it unless you have an off!

I flew over last year with a mate and we took our 8 year old daughters, they'd a great few days. We hired race Suzuki swifts and used helmets and harnesses which made a day of it. All the rules can be found on Nurburgring.de. How about a few ISFs from the uk meeting us there in September?

Where's it at mate .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links